Does anyone remember?

sbarron

I remember about a year ago or so someone on these boards was developing a setting for HERO that was set in the near future, with I think the premise of WWII fought in space between the Germans and the US, or something like that. I don't really remember the details, though, or I'd give you more to work with. They had a website with some cool setting pictures, I recall.

I seem to remember they were going to release it on their own, with HERO's blessing, clearly. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm wondering what happened with that book.

Re: Does anyone remember?

The name of the game is Rocketship Empires by StoryArt Games.

It actually takes place during and alternate WWII, when aliens have given spaceflight technology to earth in an attempt to build up a buffer state between them and a hostile star empire. WWII proceeds as usual, but in Spaaaaace! I believe they either decided on d20 or their own system, but I don't believe it is Hero-based.

Keith "I did the maps for this" Curtis

NP. It's actually a pretty cool idea. The tech that the aliens give earth is black-box based. Basically it's modular stuff that is added to our tech to give it certain abilities. We don't actually get any technological boost out of it. Thus the US, German et. al. have to build their own spaceship hulls that the alien tech gives spaceflight ability to. Everything looks very retro. StoryArts really got some good artists on this too. I think Mike Kaluta is involved at some level.

It sounds like it will see the light of day very soon.

Keith "How can you not like to blast space Nazis?" Curtis

There was a lot of hype about a Hero based version of Rocketship Empires, but it was so long ago, I had almost forgotten about it at all. It ran WAAAAAY past its initial publication date...

Looks like they did get some version of it out though. At least the potential's there for a conversion.