Brain Eater Lad

[b]Brain Eater Lad - The zombie formerly known as David Douglas[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
35    STR     0   35      16-       HTH Damage 7d6  END [3]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
20    CON     0   20      13-
40    BODY    0   40      17-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 12-
20    EGO     20   20      13-       ECV: 7
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
15    COM     3   15      12-
7    PD      0   7/19             7/19 PD (0/12 rPD)
5    ED      1   5/11             5/11 ED (0/6 rED)
4    SPD     10   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
11    REC     0   11
40    END     0   40
68    STUN    0   68
10    RUN      8   10"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
7    LEAP     0   7"                7" forward, 3 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 77[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
44     [b]Being Dead means you have alot of time on your hands.[/b]  (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Radiation; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) - END=0
27     [b]You know I'm probably carrying at least a pound and a half of bullets in me.[/b] Armor (12 PD/6 ED) - END=0
25     +25 STR - [b]Don't really feel pain anymore, don't really gain anymore either.[/b] (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=2
60     +30 BODY - [b]Well I'm not impervious to bullets but I am dead thats just as good isn't it?[/b] - END=
20     +10 CON - [b]Natural Zombie Toughness[/b] (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=
33     [b][i]Mutagenic Embalming Fluid Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 209[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Climbing 13-
4      Computer Programming (Personal Computers) 13-
3      Concealment 12-
3      Criminology 12-
3      Conversation 11-
9      Deduction 15-
3      Disguise 12-
3      Acting 11-
3      Persuasion 11-
9      Streetwise 14-
7      Contortionist - he can easily dislocate joints without much trouble 15-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 50[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
4      Fringe Benefit:  Local Police Powers, Private Investigator License

[b]PERKS Cost: 4[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
10      Simulate Death (+7 to roll)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 10[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Distinctive Features:  Zombie Oooga Booga (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5     Enraged:  He has the desire to eat brains and becomes enraged whenever he actually encounter someone with them. (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
20     Hunted:  Various Religious Authorities want to hunt him down and give him his final rest. 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
20     Hunted:  Various medical and scientific agencies who want to imprison and experiment on him. 14- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Various arcane groups who think he's magically animated. 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Wisecracking and snarky (Common, Strong)
20     Code Vs Killing:  (Common, Total)
10     Reputation:  That Dead Guy, 11-
5     Rivalry:  Professional (The Slueth) A fellow Superhero, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
5     Social Limitation:  A dead man (Occasionally, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)
10     Public Id:  (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)
10     Vulnerability:  1 1/2 x STUN Electrical attacks (Common)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

[b]Background/History[/b]: 	David Douglas was a small time private investigator who handled cheating spouses and deadbeat dads. He lead a boring and relatively safe life. That was until he was shot by an enraged husband when he tried to restrain him from shooting his wife and her new boyfriend. 

David Douglas ended up in the morgue like all dead people. The autopsy was a normal average affair. One of his friends claimed his body and proceeded to take him to the mortuary to be cremated. 

Due to Local laws the mortuary was required to embalm his body before the cremation. The Undertakers had earlier made a shadey deal for some cheap embalming fluid. What the mortician did not know was that they had purchased a very low level mutagenic which had been misplaced when I was illegally smuggled into the country.

It was quite shocking when David Douglas got up and began to walk around. It also shocked the night watchman who nearly had a heart attack. The police where called, the incident was investigated, the embalming fluid was siezed, and David douglas was thrown out in the street. 

Being dead and occassionally becoming angered when he has a craving for brains cut down on his perspective job opportunities. He was Broke, homeless, and had no legal status. Eventually he was thrown in jail for beating up 2 garbage collectors who tried to throw him in their truck. In the jail he was approached by Max Drolwell who made him an offer to join the Defenders of Liberty. The offer was that he joing up and use his deductive and undead powers to help the DoL. In return he would be given renewed status as a citizen, police powers, and a salary. 

[b]Personality/Motivation: [/b]	Brain Eater Lad is a wise cracking and sometimes annoying zombie detective. He actually doesn't mind being a superhero. He is driven by a desire to protect people from death, because its generally unpleasant, having gone through it himself. He also suffers from a craving to eat brains but his desire to preserve life keeps this relatively in balance. He does suffer from the stygma of being dead and is hunted by various organizations who dont like the idea of walking dead guy or who like the idea way to much.

[b]Quote:[/b] "I dont... need... to.. eat .... Brains... tastey yummmy.... brains...um ... lets ummm... go ... kick ... the ... Legion of Gloom Butt...ok."

[b]Powers/Tactics[/b]: 	Brain Eater Lad is relatively new to superheroing and hasn't developed the skills and tricks associated with his heightened abilities. He also seems to be getting stronger, probably due to linguring effects of the mutagenic. He has learned about his ability to shrug off damage and repair his body. Because of this he genrally goes into combat directly and starts wailing on the one he thinks of most dangerous. 

[b]Appearance:[b] Brain Eater Lad is not bad looking for a walking corpse. The mutagentic embalming fluid keeps him relatively well preserved, though he does look like a dead man at a close distance. Its the Dead eyes, Pale blue features, and general corpsey demeanor. 

[ATTACH]21713[/ATTACH]

:D Any feedback would be appreciated. :D

Re: Brain Eater Lad

Originally from JohnTaber

I'm not sure about you campaign limits but unless I am missing something for a 350 pt Hero his attack is only 7d6 and his defenses are low. Granted he has lots of Body and Stun but he doesn't do much else...sponge man?

Yeah his normal attacks are pretty light. I wanted to make him without resorting to a Zombie bonus. When I built him I decided that I wanted to model his "I'm a Zombie, I'm dead already. Why did you even bother shooting, what are you gonna throw the gun at me now?" aspects first. So I made up a bit of character background about how he isnt really well trained or experianced as a crime fighter. I figure he would try to learn some martial arts and also spend a bit of xp increasing his strength and armor since i also wrote in a bit about how his mutagentic enbalming frluid is still sorta working.

More feedback would be nice. More more more gimme gimme gimme. :D

Edited for Linkage.

The character came from this thread http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=757873#post757873