Help a confused mind

Ghost Archer

For some reason my mind is not working today. What I want to do is design a power that sort of replicates how a vampire passes vampirism on to a victim. The first part would probably be a Major Transformation. The second would be the new powers granted. Those I can do. How do I make the new powers permenant or does the Transform do that? What Advantages and Limitations should I put on it all? Any ideas? TIA

Re: Help a confused mind

If you have the Bestiary vampires are on page 125-127. pg 126 has a Vampire Transform Power.

Transform is all you need. To add Powers to a character through Transform you must do their BODYx2 + Active Points In Powers Added worth of Transform Effect. This is outlined in the Transform Power section of 5ER/FREd.

example: To Transform a human into a Human With Wings, assuming a Normal with 8 Body and you're adding 6" of Flight (12 Active Points) you need to do 28 Points of Transform Effect (Body 8 x 2 = 16 + 12 AP Flight = 28).

At least, I'm pretty sure the AP are added after doubling the Body as the minimum effect of Transform. You may want to double check with the book (as I'm not near mine right now).

Re: Help a confused mind

The net character points added to the character (Powers minus Disadvantages) are divided by 5 and added to the target's BODY to determine the amount of Transform damage needed.

e.g. Adding 100 points of powers and 20 points of Disadvantages to a character with 12 BODY. 12 + ((100-20)/5) = 28. So it would require 56 points of Transform damage to complete the change.