Dive for cover and Rapid Fire Explosions?

Demonsong

Dive for cover and Rapid Fire Explosions?

Villain X has a 10D6 Exploding EB (His Plasma Ejector). He is going to shoot Hero Joe, twice using a full phase action Rapid Fire. Hero Joe does not want to be turned in to crispy bits, so he is going to dive for cover. Hero Joe picks a spot 5 hexes away and successfully makes his DEX roll. Now do both shots from the Plasma Ejector hit the same spot? Or does Villain X get to change his aim for his second shot at the new hex Hero Joe is in. This would suck for Hero Joe because he just dived for cover so he can’t do so again.

I am assuming that both shots have to be at the same hex, or if they are to be shot at different hexes it must be declared before Villain X shoots.

Please remember I am talking about Rapid Fire here not Auto Fire.

Thanks

I am sorry but you are incorrect. The entry in Fred for Rapid Attack states in like the first sentence at it can be use for single or multiple opponents. So I am assuming that you can target two different hexes. What I am trying to figure out is if you have to pick both targets (or target Hexes) before you fire the first shot or if you can wait and see the out come of the first shot be for picking the second target.

Demonsong

Yes, you can probably target separate hexes, but that would need to be stated before the shots, not after. The power should not be used to get some type of free no-miss targeting system. So you would need to state that you are firing at hex A and then 3 hexes to the left of A. If the other person dives for cover to the right then you completely miss.

Originally posted by Demonsong

I am sorry but you are incorrect. The entry in Fred for Rapid Attack states in like the first sentence at it can be use for single or multiple opponents. So I am assuming that you can target two different hexes. What I am trying to figure out is if you have to pick both targets (or target Hexes) before you fire the first shot or if you can wait and see the out come of the first shot be for picking the second target.

Demonsong

Being wrong doesn't bother me..thus the if I recall correctly. Until today I've been leaving my book at home safley on my gaming table.

Originally posted by Demonsong

Thanks Monolith, that’s what I though. But I wanted someone else’s view. Thats the call I made when one of my PC tried to get the no miss shot in against the evil Martial Artist. And I just wanted to make sure I made the right call.

Sometimes it is very hard to balance rules with genre style. And of course you always have the problem that once you give a player an inch he will proceed to take a mile.

As a second option it is very cinematic to see a character running/jumping/swinging/stumbling with a trail of explosions going off behind him. If you want a more cinematic feel then allow the "no-miss" Rapidfire attack to take place but give the defender a second Dive For Cover attempt: he dives away from the first one and then has to dive away from the second one. I would also impose an addition -2 OCV for each addition RF attack due to them being moving. That does not make much difference against a 3 DCV hex but it might in other cases.

In this case the player is somewhat happy for getting to try and rules balance is maintained by giving a second DFC and a -2 OCV to the attack.