Choke holds & silence attacks (build help)

Re: Choke holds & silence attacks (build help)

Glad to hear it, Amadan

And just for the record, I don't hate transforms, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't let a character (such as flesh-warper man) who allready had a broad transform not do something like this, I just meant that when specifically creating this power, I wouldn't use transform. Transform can do a lot of things, but when you have a very specific special effect in mind, it might not be the thing to use.

Good gaming, all

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it, Amadan

And just for the record, I don't hate transforms, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't let a character (such as flesh-warper man) who allready had a broad transform not do something like this, I just meant that when specifically creating this power, I wouldn't use transform. Transform can do a lot of things, but when you have a very specific special effect in mind, it might not be the thing to use.

Good gaming, all

May the road rise to meet your feet, Goblin heads swerve to your sword, and the loot leap to your pouch...

Or sumthin' :D

Yeah, actually I wouldn't do the basic effect as a Transform either, unless it did involve causing a permenant change to the target... I might use a transform linked to a RKA for something like a Throatfire spell that does both damage and causes long term voice loss, but just a magical STFU effect? Nahh...Limited Darkness works for me.

I'm mostly looking at the system right now to see how to model the effect as a result of damage, not an application of Powers.

I just meant that when specifically creating this power' date=' I wouldn't use transform. [/quote']

Clearly not - ExtraDimensional Movement UAA to a dimension where the target cannot speak for a turn is CLEARLY the way to go :eek:

[dodges - blocks have become entirely too subjective of late]

I think if I could put together "Transform: French National Team into World Cup Winner" he'd be pretty happy. I'm neither for nor against Transforms, personally - I came into the system on 5ER, and if anything, a terror of transforms from watching them derail games in d20. But if you check the Rules board, Steve Long said the way to do this is with variations on Darkness, and Darkness alone. Which answers the question. For me, anyway.