A question about Starships

Spence

I own StarHero and TUV. I haven't seen a copy of TE yet, but I assume starships will be addressed in the same general way (the write-ups). All of the Hero products are outstanding and I really like them, so don't look at this as any kind of criticism. I have always had a hard time grasping ship design in game system unless I have a deck plan to compare to the write-up. It sounds stupid, but there it is.

So my question is, will there be any deckplans in future StarHero suppliments or does someone have a straship write-up and deckplan they would be willing to share that I can us as an example.

Spence

It's highly unlikely that we'll provide maps of starships in our books, unless we end up doing a Star Hero Battlegrounds product and some of the adventures take place aboard ships. Maps cost a lot of money to create and take up a lot of page space to print.

I know of at least one starship deckplan product in the works for all RPG systems (IOW, it lacks game stats, for Hero or otherwise, but is intended for use with RPGs); I'll make an announcement when I know more and it's available.

Originally posted by Steve Long

It's highly unlikely that we'll provide maps of starships in our books, unless we end up doing a Star Hero Battlegrounds product and some of the adventures take place aboard ships. Maps cost a lot of money to create and take up a lot of page space to print.

I know of at least one starship deckplan product in the works for all RPG systems (IOW, it lacks game stats, for Hero or otherwise, but is intended for use with RPGs); I'll make an announcement when I know more and it's available.

How about non-commercial quality freebies on the net?

Originally posted by Agent X

How about non-commercial quality freebies on the net?

Now I could go for some of that. Once I get all the way unpacked I would be glad to share some of my deck plans. They are done with Campaign Cartegrapher.

I use Campaign Cartographer myself for a lot of stuff. I believe the archive of free maps and such on the ProFantasy website has quite a few starship plans.

It does. When I find it I'll make available the plans for a deep space salvage tug/transport I made for LUGtrek Using "Spacedock". Twas before the "coming of the evil ones".

I use Campaign Cartographer myself for a lot of stuff. I believe the archive of free maps and such on the ProFantasy website has quite a few starship plans.

Thanks for steering me to the site. Frankly, this is the first gaming site I have frequented because I am a Hero fanatic (although I don't pore over the rules like quite a few posters.)