Equillibrium via Dark Champions

Remjin

Re: Equillibrium via Dark Champions

Umm' date=' no. GunKata is in fact Comic Book science on par with Radioactive Spiders that bite people and give them Spider powers. I think the very fact that no one has yet been quite able to write up a decent build for it is telling. If you're dealing with a Cleric then the only defense I can imagine is invulnerability to gunfire.[/quote']

Umm, yes. In the fact that people already do the GunKata with HtH to some extent (see previous examples). So unless people have "sorta" gotten powers from a radioactive spider, two totally different things.

As I was sitting here thinking about it something else occured to me: When I was going through the security force schools, the firearms instructors there could tell you where you were going to hit the target just by looking at your stance and the way you were holding the weapon.

I never said (and never will) the GunKata is or ever will be a fact, but it is no where near as far fetched as you're making it out to be, and certainly a lot more plausable than a radioactive spider giving powers.

Susano wrote up John Preston a while back, he's a link to the character.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsmovie/johnpreston.html

I didn't do the character sheet, I just am hosting it.

If I did do a character sheet... then I'd probably use AOE attacks and Spatial Awareness.

Well coming from a more practical application of fighting techniques. I'm in the military assigned to a Security Force. They send us to schools to learn how to defend ourselves. From what we were taught (and all the instructors were ex-Navy Seals' date=' Marine Rcon, SWAT, ATF, people that have been doing this stuff for more years than a lot of have been alive) about 85% of all street fights start with a right hook. The first thing an untrained or slightly trained fighter wants to do is take you out hard. Most people are right handed, hence the right hook. Now that I pretty much know what the attackers first attack will be, I have the edge.[/quote']

In my limited experience, not being a navy seal, marine recon, swat, atf, or anything even closely resembling an expert... I'd agree on the right hook, with the occasional right cross. :D However, to assume such a thing means you're gonna get caught by something painful (e.g. on my "makes me cry" list) so its good to look out for other things as well. Back when I got into fights, my first move was to stand there and take the first one so I could prove I was attacked, and then fight from there. Nowadays, my first move is to cry like a little girl and tell them I hear my mother calling me... ah, youth... :D Oh yeah, and as I learned more, I realized that was a really bad idea and could have gotten me seriously hurt, but hey... thank the stars that nobody else was all that bright either. hehehe. :thumbup:

Well, this has certainly sparked an interesting conversation...

As far as how realistic GunKata is, I have no idea. I know there's a branch of mathematics based on chaos, I believe someone mentioned "Chaos Theory," and I remember there being a class in it when I went to college.... but as far as how much that predicts anything, I have no idea.

I think I agree with a majority of people here in that overall I don't really care if it makes any sense, it looked really cool and entertained me, and I have a pretty low expectation of any sort of "logic" or "sense" in any film, much less a film about a guy who blasts people ad infinitum with a pair of pistols by standing out in the open and blazing away at targets he can't even see.

Now, as a whole, let's all try and be civil to one another and remember that text is a horrible medium in which to perceive anyone's intentions, mood, hostility or lack thereof. Let us always assume the best due to the limitations of the medium.