Modular Bionics

Armitage

Re: Modular Bionics

That does sound OAF to me' date=' actually ... easily accomplished in a single attack action.[/quote']

Yeah. Maybe with a slight built-in Concealment bonus or something if it isn't completely obvious it can be done (you seem to imply it takes some knowledge of the type of part to know you can do this).

Yeah. Maybe with a slight built-in Concealment bonus or something if it isn't completely obvious it can be done (you seem to imply it takes some knowledge of the type of part to know you can do this).

Essentially, I'm adapting the bionics from GURPS Ultra-Tech 1 and 2.

Bionics normally look completely natural, unless you buy cheap models which provide a Distinctive Feature.

They normally can't be removed (Restrainable -1/4, as is normal for cybernetics), but there are versions which can be snapped on and off a modular socket and versions which can be removed in a few minutes with electronics tools (which would be Inaccessible).

So if they're Accessible, normal limbs would be IAF. OAF would be the cheaper gleaming silver arm with red LEDs running down its length.

Yeah. Sounds about right. For the OAFs, it just might be worth something (like the aformentioned Concealment bonus) if it is not obvious (and it is not completely common knowledge) that they can be removed so easily. For the Inobvious ones, I'd say it can be covered by the decreased value of the Limitation.

That does sound OAF to me' date=' actually ... easily accomplished in a single attack action.[/quote']

Not sure about the O, but yah sounds AF to me. The post implies that it might be made to look like normal skin, or hidden in a costume

Not sure about the O' date=' but yah sounds AF to me. The post implies that it might be made to look like normal skin, or hidden in a costume[/quote']

I'd probably go OAF with a Concealment or Disguise check involved; alternately, lower the Focus value to 3/4s because it's kind of in between OAF and IAF (Concealed Accessible Focus?).