Building a Cybernetic "brainjack"

Vassoom

Re: Building a Cybernetic "brainjack"

Here's my version of a smart weapon:

FUCHI-KARAWA

Viper Autotracker; "the Cheater"

A popular gun among less skilled marksmen; the Viper's integral brainjack uplink assists aiming. People with any amount of actual skill generally sneer at those who need the assist, and people using them are the butt of many jokes.

Pistol: Viper Auto Tracker: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1 (vs. PD), 32 Charges (+1/4) (31 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Min 1-5 Cannot Add Damage (-3/4), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4); Real Cost: 9 points

Brainjack Targeting: +6 OCV; (30 Active Points); Requires Brainjack (-1/4), OAF (-1) Real Cost: 9 points

Point and Shoot: WF: Pistol; (1 Active Points); Requires Brainjack (-1/4), OAF (-1) Real Cost: 1 point

TOTAL COST: 19 points; ~11,780 credits

+6 OCV? Holy crap! They may snicker at the users, but I bet they still get hit by them.

Yeah, that's way too powerful for my campaign.

- Vassoom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+6 OCV? Holy crap! They may snicker at the users' date=' but I bet they still get [i']hit[/i] by them.

Yeah, that's way too powerful for my campaign.

- Vassoom

That doesnt invalidate the approach of just limiting CSLs appropriately. Its just a matter of scale.

That doesnt invalidate the approach of just limiting CSLs appropriately. Its just a matter of scale.
Of course. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't "appropriate" for anyone. As I said' date=' it's just way too overpowered for [i']my campaign[/i].

- Vassoom

Right, but I'm saying you can just downscale it to:

Brainjack Targeting: +2 OCV; (10 Active Points); Requires Brainjack (-1/4), OAF (-1)

or whatever is appropriate to your campaign.

Er, I already did.

I'm guessing you didn't read the attachment to my post on the 26th detailing my SmartLink weapon system accessory? :)

- Vassoom

Er, I already did.

I'm guessing you didn't read the attachment to my post on the 26th detailing my SmartLink weapon system accessory? :)

- Vassoom

Sorry, in point of fact I did not. No free time available right now; busy season at work plus a new born. Moments of leisure to read other peoples material are at a premium currently. ;)