C25 Island of Dr. Destroyer: Official?

name_tamer

Re: C25 Island of Dr. Destroyer: Official?

Perhaps, until the Dr. D book is published, we can see the new villains from the adventure in VVV?

(For reasons already stated by you DOJ folks I wouldn't want to see the whole adventure redone -- I agree with your reasoning for that -- but at least GMs can get the logistical stuff.)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, until the Dr. D book is published, we can see the new villains from the adventure in VVV?

(For reasons already stated by you DOJ folks I wouldn't want to see the whole adventure redone -- I agree with your reasoning for that -- but at least GMs can get the logistical stuff.)

Bob, that makes no sense. That's part of the adventure, it should stay in C25.

Bob' date=' that makes no sense. That's part of the adventure, it should stay in C25.[/quote']The point is that it's part of the adventure. (I don't have it myself, so I don't know if the new characters are specific to the adventure or an expansion of Dr. D.'s regular coterie. In the former case, you're right, they should stay where they are; in the latter case, we're going to want them elsewhere.)

The point is that it's part of the adventure. (I don't have it myself' date=' so I don't know if the new characters are specific to the adventure or an expansion of Dr. D.'s regular coterie. In the former case, you're right, they should stay where they are; in the latter case, we're going to want them elsewhere.)[/quote']

This sort of thing is up to Steve and Darren, but it seems to me that all elements of IoDD to be found in C25 are going to stay in C25. The characters may never be mentioned again, meaning they're 'bonus' villains for those who have the book. Any DD sourcebook will probably present new flunkies of Dr. D.

I know Mechanon was in the earliest Champions books I saw' date=' along with... Howler, Green Dragon, and Ice... Icestar? Icicle?[/quote']

I think you're thinking of Icicle, who (IIRC) was also in every edition of Champions, including 5th, but has now, sadly, been retconned and replaced by Snowblind. Lord Liaden's explanation of the reason why is here.

I never had the first edition of Champions (I started with Second)' date=' but if Mechanon was indeed included in it that would mean that an incarnation of him (it?) has been in the core/genre book for every edition of Champs. To me that makes him [b']the[/b] Champions arch villain, moreso than Dr. D.

Mechanon was in 1e.

But Dr. D had the first world-conquering plot (in the first ever Hero scenario), so he gets the nod from me as Hero's first mega-villain.