Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Nolgroth

Re: Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Sam has earned a total of 30XP to date. At least that's what I've added to her sheet. Can't bloody well remember if we got XP when we rolled the season credits on Gemini Ascendant, if so I'm pretty sure I added 'em on.

As for The Frigid Cost. Thalia has two questions:

Where are we?

Tell me. Have you ever danced with a demon in the pale moon light?

then it's off to the nearest Tavern. Where ever that is, it hardly matters.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade is a 33 XP for a total of 188 points, and Doc Caspar is at 25 points for a total of 175 points. I beleive that TaRang is 1 point ahead of Wade as he holds the distinction of being the only player that has never missed a session (this would put him at 189).

In GA we had just left the bar and the local gendarmes were imminent. Sam and Wade had jumped on the bike and were about to head back to the ship before the coppers showed. TaRang was afoot and I am not sure about his plans/intentions. We were indeed about to try and rendevous with a hyper=warp ship.

Whereas the GM has missed at least three and took a whole week off. :) Did I hand out XP for Gemini Ascendant last time? I could almost swear I did recently, but I don't want to trust to that. I think it was as you were starting the soon-to-abruptly-end pirate arc, which lasted two sessions before we did something else. I need to check the log. Now where did I put the little bastiche at.....?

The last XP Awards I could find was in the March 08 session. There have been four sessions played since then. I didn't find an email with any XP Awards after that date.

So, I think that's the last time you awarded us experience.

For some strange reason I can only find the log for the last game, though I know I was saving them. Odd. Anyway, do you remember what our March 08 session was about? That sounds about right. Two more weeks of Gemini Ascendant, 4 weeks of Frigid Coast and then missed one week due to family visit. I may not be accounting for a week in there, but I can't remember if it was a Gemini Ascendant or Frigid Coast session if I did.

I'm gonna make things real simple and award an additional 4 XP based on the last few Gemini Ascendant sessions and some outstanding role-playing on the part of all players/characters involved. If it turns out I awarded XP in game, well then count this as a bonus. :) You'll earn it.

Session March 08: Wade and Sam get into a dogfight outside the space station, the rest of the group storm the Admirals quarters a bit too late to stop the assassination. We take on the job that least to the Pirate Arc.

Pirate Arc:

Session March 29: We head off the Delta Sector based on info provided by the Drasalite Spook. This is the session where Sam and Wade get visions, possibly possessed, and have an all around bad time of it.

Session April 12: We get to the corrdinates provided, only to find a strange cylinder floating in space. We take it aboard, and spend about an hour real time to act out four minutes of opening it and pushing a button. We get a data chip with two choices: Info On the Gemini II's history, Info On Pirates. We decide to go investigate the only other thing in the sector - a stationary chunk of rock. This is where Wade finds the cryo-chamber with an 18yr old Samantha. (oh the humanity of the cliffhangers! you need to write for TV)

Session April 26: We open all the cryo chambers, Sam finds several people she recognizes. We also find a Wade-Copy. Wade, being the patient rational member of the group, breaks the cryo pod with his clone. The base gets angry at us and attacks. We spend the rest of the session escaping ceiling mounted turrets, and then the reactor goes critical. Sam closed all the Cryo chambers again and debated trying to save her younger-clone when things went totally sideways, she had to be bodily carried off the station (damn women!). Two probes are launched from the station, we blow one up after guessing it's best course, and disable the other, take it aboard and get it's destination coordinates from it's on board.

Session May 03: Deciding to follow the capsules path (90 degree angle to Delta from what it basically known space). Oddly, we end up back in Prenglar instead. Where the crew goes back to Taffy, who isn't there. In fact he is, for all intents and purposes, farther away from Prenglar than any known (to the crew) star drive can take him in the period the group has been away (about two weeks I think). He's 107 LYs away, four months in Voidspace with the Gemini IIs technology, the last leg longer than the Gemini IIs range of 30 days in Void. You have this session, so I'll summarize more: Sam and Ta go to a bar, Sam encounters someone who wants to kill her. The group narrowly avoids a bar fight (because Sam really, isn't so tough in person) and we left it with Sam on the back of Wade's bike heading to the ship, Ta on foot as the station patrol comes up to the bar to investigate an almost fight.

Then we had four sessions of The Frigid Coast. And were off last week.

Did we miss a couple of sessions between March 08 and March 29? Shouldn't we have played on March 15 and March 22? I seem to recall one of those being a work related cancel on my part and the other?

EDIT: Presently I can find nothing prior to the last Frigid Coast log. Seems strange as I was making a point to store those. :(

So if I understand...

We are awarded 4 XP for our GA characters (which we will earn/re-earn through future tribulations), and 5 XP for our FC characters. And we can gain a possible bonus 1 XP if we login and send initiative within 5 minutes of logging in (HPs not being applicable to GA).

is this correct?

So if I understand...

We are awarded 4 XP for our GA characters (which we will earn/re-earn through future tribulations), and 5 XP for our FC characters. And we can gain a possible bonus 1 XP if we login and send initiative within 5 minutes of logging in (HPs not being applicable to GA).

is this correct?

Well based on the information that you have (that I provided) you would be correct. However, it seems we have played Gemini Ascendant more than I thought. I loved the bar conflict scene and thought everybody did just about perfect in role-playing that scene. So, normally I would have given one per session (4) plus one (total 5). For the outstanding effort of everybody involved in the last arc, I'm giving an additional point for a total of six XP for GA and five for FC.

The bonus point is still up for grabs this week.

Question ' date=' how do I compute damage for a martial arts shove? Which is a 33 str to Shove.[/quote']

The effects of SHOVE are described on page 149 & 150 of The Ultimate Martial Artist (TUM), but in Summary its effects for STR 33 would be:

1) Target does not have to be "grabbed" to be shoved.

2) The target can be moved (shoved) backwards for up to 4 game inches. The target may make a DEX roll at -1 per point the hit roll was made by, to fall down on purpose thus stopping any further movement and halving the shove damage, but then is prone at the start of his/her next action, plus the shoving character gets to attack before the target on the next movement phase regardless of DEX if they both move on the same phase.

3) The base damage is 6 1/2 D6 normal physical damage at STR 33, plus the target takes "knockback" damage of (base damage body - 2d6) in extra dice of damage if he/he hits another object when shoved. So potentially with 33 STR you could do a max of 13 body and 39 stun for the shove plus up to an additional 11d6 of normal PD damage from the knockback. If the knockback number is negative the target does not suffer any knockback movement but still takes the base damage of 6 1/2d6. If the knockback number is exactly 0, the target is knocked down without moving and takes base damage of 6 1/2d6 only.

4) You can use shove to propel a target into another target (causing both to take damage) or if you have a long object like a staff, you can use the long object held horzontally to shove a group of targets in adjacent hexes all at once.

note that the target may resist your shove with his STR, and multiple targets get to add their STR if they combine resisting your shove.

I need somebody to log into the Gemini Ascendant server so I can make sure everything is working correctly. Thanks.

Sorry Nol, when I try to connect I get a "failed to connect to server" error, I tried a couple of the other sreves in the list and was able to connect with no problems. :o

Sorry Nol' date=' when I try to connect I get a "failed to connect to server" error, I tried a couple of the other sreves in the list and was able to connect with no problems. :o[/quote']Well, I'm going to have to try and fix that. My wife's computer used to have the server on it; right up until my daughter conventiently clicked on one of those nice pop-up adds that drops a worm virus on ya. I have a firm belief that the only effective cirus cleaner is FDISK. You can guess the rest. :)

I just hit refresh and now the GA server is completely gone from the list of servers... on the other hand Prestos playground just came online. If you want to keep testing so that you can get your server up I am willing.

Sorry Boss... no joy! same error
The Playground is up. I vote we go there until I can figure out why */?*!!%&$ Vista isn't alowing the frickin server through the firewall even after I open up the port and made sure Python is allowed. Grrrrrrrrrr.

And if I could get the wireless card on my laptop to connect to my router, I have a perfectly good server set up on it.

The Playground is up. I vote we go there until I can figure out why */?*!!%&$ Vista isn't alowing the frickin server through the firewall even after I open up the port and made sure Python is allowed. Grrrrrrrrrr.

And if I could get the wireless card on my laptop to connect to my router, I have a perfectly good server set up on it.

Sounds good