Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Nolgroth

Re: Gemini Ascendant Campaign

For reasons beyond anything I care to discuss, watching 5th Element is not easy for me.

I AM being a sourpuss today ain't I? :)

Sourpuss and grumpy face! Sourpuss and grumpy face!

(Wait - I'm egging on the GM when he's in a bad mood - should I be working on a new character?)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed something about the splash screen. Ta'Rang is too short. He should stand about a head taller than Wade. Not that the splash screen needs to be to scale or anything.

And thanks for the great game tonight. For walking in with zero inspiration and energy, I sure had a fun time.

Just noticed something about the splash screen. Ta'Rang is too short. He should stand about a head taller than Wade. Not that the splash screen needs to be to scale or anything.

No - that's important. I spent a lot of time making sure Sam and Caspar were short. I need to know that Ta is tall. I'll get it fixed. I have to tweak Killian's pose a little, same with Sam's - I don't like it.

I may also just make a much bigger version you can scale down to needed size for the website. This image will also go into Post 1 of the Log Thread (starting a new one for that).

Excellent game indeed. I had a lot of fun.

Last night's game was excellant. I had an awesome time. Wasn't to sure at one point if Ta and Wade wern't going to get into a fight right there on the bridge. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

On the splash screen, I thought Wade and Ta Rang should be switched . It would seem more natural that Wade was looking at Sam instead of off into nothingness. But that's just my thought.

Sadly, there's not enough room for Ta's head on the right.

However I may move Wade next to Ta, especially if Starwolf can get his runtime back together and give them slightly different poses - or tell me how the managed to create Ta'Rang and Wade. I may move Killian to the far right and put Caspar between him and Samantha as well.

Hrm, ran into a limitation with the images I have on hand... can't quite scale them properly or create a decent large base splash-screen to work from.

But, I've got something useful to work with, now to collect the data Nol has spread through this thread. . .

I am working on my runtime and Wade image this weekend. I did a custom morph for his original face though and the new image may not match exactly... we'll just say his face changed due to stressing out about Sam's alleged kidnapping :D

I will have a new Doc image too... Doc should be a bit smaller in every dimesion including height. My understanding of Drasalites is that they are about the size of a D&D dwarf, so I am making the new image about 4 1/2 feet tall and about the same shoulder width as the human characters.

If we want to get some good comparisons each Render of a character should the same size and they should fit into the "frame" to their relative heights.

Alternately, We could render all of the in one scene and make sure they're heights all match.

Darasalites normally look like blobby things with no (or extremely vague) limbs don't they?

Oh, Version3:

splashscreen_03.jpg

I am working on my runtime and Wade image this weekend. I did a custom morph for his original face though and the new image may not match exactly... we'll just say his face changed due to stressing out about Sam's alleged kidnapping :D

I will have a new Doc image too... Doc should be a bit smaller in every dimesion including height. My understanding of Drasalites is that they are about the size of a D&D dwarf, so I am making the new image about 4 1/2 feet tall and about the same shoulder width as the human characters.

Regarding dralasites, it may just be me, but I got the impression that their skin was sort of like an octopus in texture. Not important, but it would be neat to see textured versions of the skin as an option. I repeat: Not Important.

Either works, but here might be better. I plan on trying to integrate campaign info into the actual logs themselves - some sessins are short, others are long. Short ones I'd like to supplement.

FREX, this is going to make the very short Episode 01 Post longer:

---GRAN QUIVERA UNIVERSITY ONLINE REFERENCE :: SPECIES :: VRUSK---

The vrusk are descended from a hive species similar in structure to an ant hive on earth. In their primitive years, this hive structure was literally a hive with queens, warriors and drones seeking to provide for the hive. As the vrusk have evolved, both physically and culturally, the hive structure changed into competing hives. Even further along the evolutionary chain, the hives began to become more specialized and trade between hives became essential. Thus the "corporate" vrusk society was born.

To compensate a specialized caste of vrusk, the emissary caste was created. Unlike drones and warriors who were tied to the hives, the emissary caste was independent of the hive structure and was specifically designed to assimilate data and make judgement calls regarding the relative value of goods and services.

In time, an unexpected mutation developed in the emissary caste of vrusk and independent vrusk evolved. Completely severed from the hive, independent vrusk are able to move and interact without the direction of the hive queen. This unexpected caste has not only been accepted by the vrusk, but their free will and self-determination makes them valuable as explorers and ambassadors to other species.

Vrusk society is divided into castes. Presently there are six castes; Queens, Warriors, Managers, Drones, Emissaries and Independents. Queens direct the overall goals of the hive, leaving the day to day operations in the hands of Managers. Warriors have literally evolved into a pseudo-military force that protects the interests of the hive. Emissaries are the negotiators that represent the hive.

Independent vrusk are the adventurers. They are an unexpected offshoot of the emissary caste and share much of the same somatype with them. If anything, Independent vrusk tend to be larger than other Emissary vrusk.

Other species have managed to work their way into vrusk corporations, which have expanded beyond the rigid hive mentality. Other species generally occupy positions analogous to the Manager caste, though sometimes they work as independent agents (not to be confused with Independent vrusk).

Queen, Manager, Emissary and Independent vrusk are highly self-motivated and develop preferences and tastes. Their homes are somewhat weird to the mammalian eye, but each one is distinct. Warriors can exercise large amounts of judgement, but typically do not develop ergonomic preferences.

Drones, while not entirely mindless, typically do not have individual homes or preferences. They live in structures that embody the hive mentality. An alien walking into a vrusk hive truly feels out of place. The hive moves and thinks almost as one. Incidents where interlopers are considered a threat have decreased, but it is still known to happen from time to time. Visitors to a vrusk colony are strongly encouraged to stay in areas away from the central hive.

---END ENTRY---

More things like that on species, tech specs, and other aspects would be good to integrate right into the episode posts. Sort make the universe come alive in little ways.

In fact all newsfeed articles start with ---BEGING NEWS FEED--- and then display the articles.

I also have the following to entries on Star Systems (from ep09 and ep16 repsectively):

--Tybor's Quick System Reference--

Liberty III is the occupied planet. Liberty II is a dead world similar to Mercury, but a tad farther from the system's star. It tends to be a little less warm in the day and colder at night.

The Liberty system has only been recently been colonized by terrans. Liberty III is the only natively inhabitable planet in the system and is home to a sentient species. There is no preclusion from "advancing" the tech level of native species, so in the last two decades, it has been elevated from Bronze Age to current tech.

--END ENTRY--

--Tybor's Quick System Reference--

New Streel is a highly unusual place. The primary planet system appears to have been engineered by a long dead species that left large cities floating high in the atmosphere. The lower atmosphere is highly toxic, but the upper atmosphere is breathable. Getting on and off the planet is relatively easy, since most of the population centers float way up in the sky. The only actual "dirtside" facilities are science facilities trying to figure out exactly how the planet was engineered.

--END ENTRY--

makes infodumps more interesting.

Oh that's some nice stuff there. I like it.

When I was referring to comments, I was more referring to a commentary type of thing. In one of the online logs for a Ravenloft game I read some time back, one of the players wrote a character's viewpoint journal. At the end of each entry was a GM's Commentary that I thought was pretty valuable as a GM watching the evolution of another game. It was just a thought that something like that might also be of worth to somebody else.

Sloth no' date=' you're just too occuppied with the real world. But always remember we slip into the our world to make the real world easier to live in for us...... who can escape.[/quote']I don't know if I am too "occupied" per se, only that it just takes so much of my damn energy to keep moving some days. Most folks look forward to weekends. I know that weekends, for me, are going to include long hours, short turnarounds to my next shift and a whole lot of calls from people who should have better things to do than harass security. By Monday, I am completely wiped out. The good news is that I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off again for a little while. So maybe in a couple of weeks I'll start feeling a net gain in energy again. When I have energy, I actually tend to get a lot done in terms of little projects like web pages, story ideas, character write-ups and such.

hehe... Nol found the log for Episode 1. I'm formatting it now, tomorrow I start posting, one episode every M-W-F.

Nol, only thing I really want right now from you (being the GM and all) is a write up for the Yazarians and Drasalites like you did for the Vrusk. I think the earlier we can post such information the better for the readers. I remember seeing something on the monkets - but for the life of me can't find it.

Also, you know what... As I look through the logs there are some moderately deragatory terms used for aliens (Yazarians: Monkey; Vrusk: Bug; Drasalite: Marshmallow) but there isn't a term that aliens have used to insult humans... found it odd. Anyways, just a toss out thought on the universe.