Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Nolgroth

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Well I'm working on the stats for the fighters. I'm making 2 sets of stats 1 for the first ship which is the A model and the second ship which Nol likes which will be the C model (an upgraded version of the A). I'm having some problem finding info on the missles though as stats are hard to find. Hopefully I'll have them done before the game tonight.

Guys... I want to apologize for dozing at the keyboard. I had been up since around 2 a.m. and was pretty tired. When I started to doze, I asked Terrie to rouse me if someone chatted to Wade, or if she needed my assistance. Instead... and I am not upset with her, she ratted me out and told you guys I was dozing. Oh well, I will be better rested in the future, even if I have to take a quick nap before game time. It is hell gettin old. Back in the day I could stay up for over 48 hours without much effect... sheesh.

Guys... I want to apologize for dozing at the keyboard. I had been up since around 2 a.m. and was pretty tired. When I started to doze' date=' I asked Terrie to rouse me if someone chatted to Wade, or if she needed my assistance. Instead... and I am not upset with her, she ratted me out and told you guys I was dozing. Oh well, I will be better rested in the future, even if I have to take a quick nap before game time. It is hell gettin old. Back in the day I could stay up for over 48 hours without much effect... sheesh.[/quote']No apologies needed. Life happens and sometimes it just catches up to us. I was not kidding when I said my painkillers put me down too. Strange that the actual sleep part only lasted about an hour or so.

Aw shucks... you guys :D

Ok... now I think I have a plan to get a nice chunk of change to help refit, upgrade, and re-arm "Samantha's Fury"... If my idea works, I may even have enough left to almost pay off Jerry for the ship in the first place (besides I need to get a definative number on what I owe). And best suprise of all... it's legal and no one gets shot :D

Aw shucks... you guys :D

Ok... now I think I have a plan to get a nice chunk of change to help refit, upgrade, and re-arm "Samantha's Fury"... If my idea works, I may even have enough left to almost pay off Jerry for the ship in the first place (besides I need to get a definative number on what I owe). And best suprise of all... it's legal and no one gets shot :D

:( Darn that spoils all the fun. I mean nobody getting shot. :rolleyes:

Nol wanted to see Sam done as Dark Phoenix.

She's not a busty red head, or a superhero able to light things on fire with her brain, so I worked with what I had.

Detail:

detail.jpg

Full Image (1440x900;984KB;actually, this is a reduced size version, the original is about 5x the size and resolution)

Mercy Is All You Get

Ok , Nol have you had time to check out the stats on the fighter? If so what is your feelings on it. I know we forgot to put the disadvantages on it.But thats minor cause you first have to bless it and change or add what you think it needs to fit into the game,

Ok ' date=' Nol have you had time to check out the stats on the fighter? If so what is your feelings on it. I know we forgot to put the disadvantages on it.But thats minor cause you first have to bless it and change or add what you think it needs to fit into the game,[/quote']I just got around to looking at it and all I can say is that the write-up is very elegant. The damage on the weapon systems are a little higher than I normally put onto a fighter class vessel. I would be willing to try that out with the caveat that those be reduced if it becomes too much of a problem. I see this vessel filling the role of the X-Wing from Star Wars. Tough, agile, and being able to stand toe-to-toe with several smaller fighters.

The only thing I would change is the Flight speed. As a deliberate mimic of the d20 write-ups that I have bought from Future Armada, I am using a Tactical Ship Scale of 1 Hex = 200m. The tactical speed of most vessels is somewhere between 0 - 9. The Mercury was a 9. I'd make this somewhere between 7-9, probably an 8. The Mercury was supposed to be the fastest thing in the whole galaxy. Even the Night Owl, being technologically similar, could only muster a tactical speed of 8 hexes.

(Yes I know, pure metagaming. In this instance, metagaming is friendlier than trying to reconcile a ship traveling through space at tricycle speeds. ;) )

I just got around to looking at it and all I can say is that the write-up is very elegant. The damage on the weapon systems are a little higher than I normally put onto a fighter class vessel. I would be willing to try that out with the caveat that those be reduced if it becomes too much of a problem. I see this vessel filling the role of the X-Wing from Star Wars. Tough, agile, and being able to stand toe-to-toe with several smaller fighters.

The only thing I would change is the Flight speed. As a deliberate mimic of the d20 write-ups that I have bought from Future Armada, I am using a Tactical Ship Scale of 1 Hex = 200m. The tactical speed of most vessels is somewhere between 0 - 9. The Mercury was a 9. I'd make this somewhere between 7-9, probably an 8. The Mercury was supposed to be the fastest thing in the whole galaxy. Even the Night Owl, being technologically similar, could only muster a tactical speed of 8 hexes.

(Yes I know, pure metagaming. In this instance, metagaming is friendlier than trying to reconcile a ship traveling through space at tricycle speeds. ;) )

Ok I can slow it down some and we were looking at a Model XII Starship Laser. What are your thoughts on the missles? Since there are only 2 ,I thought they should be somewhat wicked . Do you want another HDC after I tone it down some? I think this ship will kick some butt.:D

Ok I can slow it down some and we were looking at a Model XII Starship Laser. What are your thoughts on the missles? Since there are only 2 ' date='I thought they should be somewhat wicked . Do you want another HDC after I tone it down some? I think this ship will kick some butt.:D[/quote']Yes.

Ok ' date=' I have made the changes to the ship. I changed to guns to a Mark VIII Straship Laser and dropped the speed to 4. The new hdc is on the way to your computer. :cool:[/quote']Doh! When I was talking about Speed, I meant Movement. Leave the Speed at 5, but change the flight movement to 8. Add on the Power Advantage Operates at Starship Scale (+ 1/4). Sorry about the mix-up.

Hey GA...

Over at DAZ they are giving a away a limited version of Face Shop 3.7 for free until years end. The give away is a plgin for Daz Studio. Face shop allows you to take a photograph of a family member, celebrity, creature, etc and create a morph for V4.2 or M3 (the pro version will support any obj based 3d character). The freebie is limited in utility, but if you like it you can upgrade to the pro version (I bought pro a long time ago). The pro version will work as a DS plugin or a stand alone program. As a stand alone I can use model with either Poser or DS. if you decied to take a look at it make sure to download the DS 2.2.2.17 version from the DS beta site, not the version on download.com. I posted links in the other software forum.

Doh! When I was talking about Speed' date=' I meant Movement. Leave the Speed at 5, but change the flight movement to 8. Add on the Power Advantage [i']Operates at Starship Scale (+ 1/4)[/i]. Sorry about the mix-up.

Ok I'll do that. No problem about the mix-up as I am not up meg-gaming language or understanding but I'm still able to learn. Thanks for the lesson. :D

I've come to look at combat in our game with vehicles a bit like this:

Movement - Tactical speed

Speed - Responsiveness

Dexterity - Handling

the trick being not to remember that Inches & Speed add together for velocity. Because once we leave combat we got into Speed Of Plot really.