Anger Management

Jkeown

Ragers use the power of their Berserk disad to manifest "super-skills" to aid them in combat. In Caleon, they are a cultural archetype within the human Zo subrace. I'll flesh this out before posting to HeroWiki.

Your campaign details may vary, perhaps in your game, only Dwarves ever become Ragers. Also, you may want to limit your PCs to the Anger Management list, and prevent them from using Advanced Pissitivity (a word I learned in the Air Force)

Cost Skills

3 Climbing 11-

10 +2 with HTH Combat

3 Fast Draw 11-

3 Hoist 11-

3 Oratory 11-

5 Rage 12-

Anger Management

Cost Powers END

2 Miffed: +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

3 Angry: +2 with HTH Combat (10 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

8 Dispel Exhaustion: Aid END 2d6 (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

5 Mad: +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-2 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

6 Raging: +4 with HTH Combat (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-3 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2

8 Raging: +5 with HTH Combat (25 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-4 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2

7 Adrendal Strength: Aid STR 2d6 (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 2

3 Insane in the Brain: Mental Defense (10 points total) (8 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

5 Ignore Missiles: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

4 Unsettling Fury: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-2 to opponent's DCV) (10 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 1

8 Unnerving Fury: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-4 to opponent's DCV) (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 2

7 Ignore Wounds: Aid BODY 2d6 (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 2

Advanced Pissitivity

10 SHOUT!: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

10 Bleeding Pain : Absorption 5d6 (physical, BODY) (25 Active Points); Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2), Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

10 Bright Ire: Absorption 5d6 (energy, BODY) (25 Active Points); Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2), Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

25 Burning Rage: Energy Blast 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

37 Searing Rage: Energy Blast 6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 0

8 Shake it Off: Healing 3 BODY (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) 3

14 Steel Rage: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 6) plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Only While Berserk (-1/2), Requires A Rage Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 6) 0

Common DIsadvantages

Value Disadvantages

15 Enraged: In Combat (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

15 Distinctive Features: Zo Rager Runescars (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Social Limitation: Everybody knows you're insane (Frequently, Major)

Re: Anger Management

Just another thought came to me...well two of them actually.

First - The value of the Only When Enraged limitation should probably be different for different kinds of powers, right? If you have Enrage: Combat 14-/8- then you will be enraged most of the time you are in combat, so the OWE limitation on offensive powers should be pretty low. What about for defensive powers, which one would like to have on at all times, esp. unusual defenses such as mental defense? What about other, more unusual, less combat-focused powers like enhanced senses, clairsentience, or tunneling? Just a thought.

B: For pricing the OWE limitation I had an idea. The more often you are enraged the more often the powers will function, and thus the less the limitation should be worth. So what should the Max/Min amounts of Enrage get you? Should Berserk count for anything (I think not, others may argue)? What are the increments worth? I found that the maximum value for an Enrage Disadvantage (without Berserk) is 35 points. This is a VC, 14-/8- Enrage, which means that the character will be raging much of the time whether they want to or not. I then arbitrarily decided to assign each 5-point increment a value of -1/4 and start the scale at -0 for 35 - thus you get the following:

Value of OWE Limitation

Enrage Value

35 -0

30 -1/4

25 -1/2

20 -3/4

15 -1

10 -1 1/4

5 -1 1/2

A simple enough sliding scale that (I think) puts the OWE limitation at an appropriate value.

Just another thought came to me...well two of them actually.

First - The value of the Only When Enraged limitation should probably be different for different kinds of powers, right? If you have Enrage: Combat 14-/8- then you will be enraged most of the time you are in combat, so the OWE limitation on offensive powers should be pretty low. What about for defensive powers, which one would like to have on at all times, esp. unusual defenses such as mental defense? What about other, more unusual, less combat-focused powers like enhanced senses, clairsentience, or tunneling? Just a thought.

B: For pricing the OWE limitation I had an idea. The more often you are enraged the more often the powers will function, and thus the less the limitation should be worth. So what should the Max/Min amounts of Enrage get you? Should Berserk count for anything (I think not, others may argue)? What are the increments worth? I found that the maximum value for an Enrage Disadvantage (without Berserk) is 35 points. This is a VC, 14-/8- Enrage, which means that the character will be raging much of the time whether they want to or not. I then arbitrarily decided to assign each 5-point increment a value of -1/4 and start the scale at -0 for 35 - thus you get the following:

Value of OWE Limitation

Enrage Value

35 -0

30 -1/4

25 -1/2

20 -3/4

15 -1

10 -1 1/4

5 -1 1/2

A simple enough sliding scale that (I think) puts the OWE limitation at an appropriate value.

That's brilliant. I haven't even started the flavor text for the Rager... but this idea will be used (and credited...) when the final draft goes up on Herowiki!

I could have sworn I posted this earlier, but I discuss different ways to do Rage based characters in the D&D3e Barbarian Conversion document. One of them is based on Powers bought usable Only While Enraged and has a little bit of exposition around assigning the Limitation Value:

Barbarian Conversion

I could have sworn I posted this earlier, but I discuss different ways to do Rage based characters in the D&D3e Barbarian Conversion document. One of them is based on Powers bought usable Only While Enraged and has a little bit of exposition around assigning the Limitation Value:

Barbarian Conversion

I do remember seeing something from you... when I returned to comment, it was gone. I've always loved your work. It seems to have a polished quality that (from my experience) is only matched by published sources in actual HERO products. I'll look over your Barbarian conversions, and comment on them.

I do remember seeing something from you... when I returned to comment' date=' it was gone. I've always loved your work. It seems to have a polished quality that (from my experience) is only matched by published sources in actual HERO products. I'll look over your Barbarian conversions, and comment on them.[/quote']

Maybe a server hiccup. Thanks for the kind words, and if you are interested in my earlier offer to host your material that could be useful to other HERO System gamers on my site let me know.

Maybe a server hiccup. Thanks for the kind words' date=' and if you are interested in my earlier offer to host your material that could be useful to other HERO System gamers on my site let me know.[/quote']

As long as I am credited... anything from my page can be repeated anywhere (except in an Ebberon rulebook, Mr Baker!) without my specific consent. If it helps the other HEROes out there, I'm all for it!!

And I know you... you give credit. Take what you will.

As long as I am credited... anything from my page can be repeated anywhere (except in an Ebberon rulebook, Mr Baker!) without my specific consent. If it helps the other HEROes out there, I'm all for it!!

And I know you... you give credit. Take what you will.

Ah...sorry, didnt realize you had a website already. No need for redundancy.