Combat skills in different environments?

Cancer

I'm building a martial artist for a high-powered supers campaign, but my question goes beyond just martial arts.

It fits the character concept to have this character be just about as adept at HTH combat while in water -- swimming, hip-deep wading, on desk-awash rafts, etc. -- as on dry land. (He has self-contained breathing Life Support.)

Ordinarily I would expect that the only CSL's that a human could buy that would remain applicable while in water like that would be the 8-pt All Combat. I expect that ordinary HTH and DCV CSLs ought not be applicable in that nonstandard environment, and certainly normal landlubber schools' Martial Manuvers and Martial Arts SLs would not be useable.

So I suppose what I'm looking for is something like a Combat Environment Familiarity adder, sort of like a conventional WF or the 1-pt Weapon Element adder for martial arts, that one could pay to get the lesser CSLs to remain in effect in the radically different environment. Besides Aquatic, I'd expect that Avian and Zero-G environments would have their own similar restrictions/requirements/adders.

Is this kind of thing written up in the standard HERO canon? What do folks think?

Re: Combat skills in different environments?

Penalty skill levels to overcoe the penalties imposed for adverse environments?

I mean you could do it wit a 'Combat Enviroment Familiarity' like a n environmoental familiarity for travel, but the PSLs would probably be cheaper overall if you wanted a lot of different environments covered.