Online USPD Updated 06-23

Steve Long

Just a quick note to let y'all know that I've added another 10 powers to the Online USPD. We now have more than 60, putting us about one-third of the way toward the minimum we'd need to publish a small "2004 Supplement" for the book (if we decided to do that -- we haven't, really; that's just how I measure progress:)).

Enjoy! ;)

Originally posted by Agent X

You need a supra-genius category of powers. IMHO

Steve's already decided against it, and I tend to go along with his logic. Most super-genius powers either fit into other categories, or are really super-skills rather than superpowers.

OTOH a book of super-skills for Dark Champions (and even Champions and Pulp Hero) characters would be a cool addition to the 2005 schedule.... ;)

Originally posted by BobGreenwade

Steve's already decided against it, and I tend to go along with his logic. Most super-genius powers either fit into other categories, or are really super-skills rather than superpowers.

OTOH a book of super-skills for Dark Champions (and even Champions and Pulp Hero) characters would be a cool addition to the 2005 schedule.... ;)

Well, I can understand your point but I was building a supra-genius and thumbed through my USPD for help - Instant Disappointment. I've thought of at least one or two that don't seem to be in another category.

Originally posted by Mike Basinger

I was thinking the "Tank Throw" scene. Some people have calculated it would take 200-400 STR to throw a tank that far.

Oh... so you're actually thinking of a Strength trick. I was talking about Super Throwing as in stuff Bullseye, Oddball, Xena, and similar folk could do.

Originally posted by Kid Chaos

I think Captain America is a much better example of the chain targetting and ricochet throws. It may just be my absurd dislike for Xena or maybe I just consider Cap to have the better visual for it.

Would you include the "fastball special" under Super Throwing?

Batman also would have some Super Throwing abilities.

The Fastball Special would probably be a Super Throwing power. It would primarily go under Strength And Toughness Powers (remember, we're still putting powers into the established categories, and then pulling assigned powers into these new categories), but yeah, it would be included under Super Throwing.