Prices?

Polaris

There is no real effective way to compute an items cost in credits based on the cost in points, either active or real. IMHO the best method is to pick something in real life that is close and use the approximate cost in dollars to represent the cost in credits. For some items that are extremely costly this may require a little research to find the cost. For example a car engine for most cars runs about $1500.00 dollars, so I would cost the engine on a grav sled at 1500 credits. The Nuclear power plant of an aircraft carrier cost about $500,000,000.00 so a starship engine would cost about 5 hundred million credits ( complete carrier costs about 15 billion dollars). A military rifle (like the M16) costs about 2000 dollars, thus 2000 credits, while a common civilian hunting rfile costs about 500. I hope this helps :)

There is a general pricing guide on page 177 of Star Hero. The information on both pages 177 and 178 might be helpful to you. Terran Empire also has its own pricing system. If you check the index in the back under "Prices" you will see all the pages which have the information. Since I am playing in a TE game I use the TE pricing system.