Cramming should be Everyman skill

Blue Angel

Ok, this probably falls under the category of low importance but here goes.

The cramming skill doesn't give you much, the equivalent of a single 1-point skill at a time for 5 points plus you have a lot of prep to do.

First pretty much everyone in a modern world possesses that skill. I have lost count of the number of people who got through college with amazing marks on cramming alone... and didn't retain anything two weeks into the next term. So "basic" cramming should be free and is probably worth at most three points. Who wants to pay 5 points for a skill that they will almost always fail at, even if you have a choice of which skill you get to fail at. In the real world people usually succeed quite well with cramming.

A 5-point cramming skill should give you a two point 11- skill. Especially with the study time required to gain the skill in the first place.

You may now return to more important issues.

Originally posted by tesuji

from my experience, cramming should at least be "every college student" skill.

:-)

LOL

You've got that right.

Also, the use of the skill reminds me of going away on vacation. You study the maps and where the tourist locations are. A few months later you can't remember where things are.

Maybe after college it should be the "every tourist skill".

Originally posted by Aroooo

Ah, but it should also have a -1/2 requires caffeine lim :)

Aroooo

I remember a study once that linked alchohol consumption with better memory retention. Except that in order to recall the alchohol aided memories you had to be under the influence again.

What kind of lim is must be drunk?

Hmmm...

Well, based on the difficulty in getting drunk, I'd say a -0 Limitation, but unless you have access to "the good stuff" (not always easy on a college student budget), you'd have to drink a fair amount. I'd tack on an "Extra Time" limitation (say 20 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your constitution and drinking speed...)

:)

Charlie