PLAGUE anyone??

LREggers

Re: PLAGUE anyone??

I think he's due up in the next Enemies book (don't quote me though' date=' I could be misremembering), but judging from the information I've gleaned from the USPD, he's not a floating, phasing junkie ... he's the ultimate disease carrier.[/quote']

Okay then, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next Enemies book. My interest in Plague is based on what I've seen/read in USPD, not the old 1st Ed. Enemies...ultimate disease carrier is (pardon the pun) just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks.

Hmm' date=' wonder how they'll distinguish him from Der Schwarze Tod?[/quote']

I think he also has powers of rat control.

BTW, off topic here,but am I the only one who thinks that a very good way to handle summoned swarms would be to treat the swarm itself as a character, rather than summoning 1000 individual rats (or whatever)?

Hmm' date=' wonder how they'll distinguish him from Der Schwarze Tod?[/quote']

Der who what now?

I think he also has powers of rat control.

BTW, off topic here,but am I the only one who thinks that a very good way to handle summoned swarms would be to treat the swarm itself as a character, rather than summoning 1000 individual rats (or whatever)?

Yup. That's pretty much how D&D treats swarms, and how I've done swarms of bugs in the past (Desolidification, not vs. Area Effect attacks).

Der who what now?

A German villain from Champs Worldwide, basically the master of all disease and vaguely demonic/undead.

Yup. That's pretty much how D&D treats swarms' date=' and how I've done swarms of bugs in the past (Desolidification, not vs. Area Effect attacks).[/quote']

Really? I'd use Damage Reduction with the Limitation "Not Versus AoE or Explosions" myself, to simulate the fact that anyone can stomp a few rats or swat a few bugs, but it takes a LOT to kill a whole swarm.

BTW' date=' off topic here,but am I the only one who thinks that a very good way to handle summoned swarms would be to treat the swarm itself as a character, rather than summoning 1000 individual rats (or whatever)?[/quote']

That's how it's handled in Shades of Black and the Bestiary; and I believe there's a power that way in USPD too.

Really? I'd use Damage Reduction with the Limitation "Not Versus AoE or Explosions" myself' date=' to simulate the fact that anyone can stomp a few rats or swat a few bugs, but it takes a LOT to kill a whole swarm.[/quote']

In retrospect, I'd use Damage Redux for swarms of 'larger' things like rats, but the Desolid for bugs. Bugs are really freakin' hard to hit in the air; the air displacement from swinging your hand makes 'em scatter. :) My two cents, of course.

In retrospect' date=' I'd use Damage Redux for swarms of 'larger' things like rats, but the Desolid for bugs. Bugs are really freakin' hard to hit in the air; the air displacement from swinging your hand makes 'em scatter. :) My two cents, of course.[/quote']

The desolid angle is also good to represent the ever growing swarm; no matter how many you kill, there are just as many as before!