Mass of non-armor

Seenar

Originally posted by mudpyr8

Oh, another hiker thing that would work perfectly in a fantasy game: goats. Goats are cheap, feed themselves (assuming even marginal terrain), and can carry about 20 kg. Perfect for the adventurer that only wants to be loaded down with weapons and armor. Goats can be scared off, but they tend to not want to run far. They will flee danger and then stop as soon as possible, so they are easy to round up after a battle. They are also quite agile, so don't suffer the problems of donkeys, mules, and horses, plus they are also small. They also taste okay in a pinch. Better than donkey meat anyway.

Okay, now I'm waaaaaay off topic. Later.

And don't forget the burros... great pack animals.

Agreed Arthur. Otherwise everyone in Europe is incredibly scientific. When I was in highschool in Germany I believe one day in gym class went like this (in German of course):

Teacher: "Weight?"

Me: "Seventy Five Kilograms."

If I had launched into a discussion about weight vs. mass, I would have been doing push ups until dawn, let alone if I had answered 160 pounds, or the number of newtons my mass exerted. It's also not a translation issue -- Germans have a distinct concept of mass and weight, just as we do. The europeans don't seem to be confused by using kg as a unit of weight, why should we be?

Some people get a little carried away and lose sight of things. Oh well, that's the beauty of language. So many things to so many people.

Isn't a burro and a donkey the same thing? Or are they different?

My only problem with donkey is they are slow-ish (although walking speed is fine), kinda ornery, require special food (unless moving through grasses), and are real heavy if you need to pick them up.

They do carry more than goats tho, which can be quite useful.

Seriously, aren't burros and donkeys the same?

Originally posted by mudpyr8

Isn't a burro and a donkey the same thing? Or are they different?

My only problem with donkey is they are slow-ish (although walking speed is fine), kinda ornery, require special food (unless moving through grasses), and are real heavy if you need to pick them up.

They do carry more than goats tho, which can be quite useful.

Seriously, aren't burros and donkeys the same?

A burro is a relative of the donkey, but is indiginous to the Americas. It is smaller, faster, and tends to have a better disposition than mules or donkeys.