Threefold Vengance

Wyrm Ouroboros

'The Threefold Binding: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (vs. ED), Trigger ("When Next You Do Harm..."; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Up To 3 Triggers Sequentially Set (Go Off No Less Than 1 Day Apart) On 1 Target (+1/4), Mark of Doom (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (146 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), No Range (-1/2)'

There's one more disad that this is needing, and that I'm wanting: something along the lines of 'Maximum of Damage Done to Others By Target (i.e. No Effect vs. Innocents)'. I have a similar power that basically uses 'Only DC (pip, 1/2d, 1d) Equal to Body Down From Max (Damage)'. The latter I set at -1 1/2; the former at -1/2. I need to find something in the middle.

Thoughts?

Re: Threefold Vengance

Possibly the drugs are making my mind subnormal. But. Can you give me a text description of what you're doing here so I can translate the mechanics back? I'm not piecing the effect together properly. Also, the extra disad you want -- I'm not sure where it goes or what its function is. If you could explain the objective a bit better, I would be happy to help.

Hmmm. A 'text' description... okay.

---

Witch paused, standing just inches away from Mackie's nose. "Don't touch her ever again, Mackie," she said in a voice at once soft and infinitely threatening; he felt thin cold fingers wrap themselves around his heart. "Live a long, peaceful life. If you ever hurt her again, if you ever hurt anyone again, every beating you ever gave her, every slap you've dealt to your children, every drunken beating you helped your friends lay upon some innocent wandering down a street will come back to you. Every broken bone, Mackie; every cracked rib and shattered kneecap. All of it will revisit you.

"If by some miracle you survive," she continued, crouching down to run her long, black-tinted nails across his cheek, "don't think you're free. It's the Threefold Law, Mackie. What you have done will come back to you again, should you raise your hand a second time. And then again, should you survive and have not learned and lift your hand against another." She smiled, stroking his hair back from his wide, terrified eyes. "Then you'll be free, Mackie. Or you'll be dead. Same thing..."

---

All the damage you'd ever done -- with the intent to harm/do evil, for the most part -- 'revisits' you. The 'three' triggers takes care of that part, but I'm wondering how much that 'up to the total damage you've done to others' would be worth as a disad. For most people who've not gone out to beat the hell out of others, you might take a point or two of Body damage -- a cracked or broken rib, something like that. But for a stone killer like the Iceman, well, considering that he's deliberately killed dozens of people, the sky's the limit...

Three-fold Doom: HKA 3d6 (vs. Power Defense), Trigger (Trigger requires a Day To Reset, Character does not control activation of Trigger; TRIGGER: Target Does Harm To Another; +1/4), Invisible to Hearing, and Sight Groups, Source Only (Mark Of Doom Visible To Mystical Senses, Otherwise Source Is Not Determinable To Observers; +1/2), Continuous (Stays In Effect And Is Not Retargeted; +1), Does BODY (+1), AVLD (Power Defense; +1 1/2) (236 Active Points); 3 Charges which Never Recover (-3 1/4), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), No STR Bonus (-1/2), Incantations (Curse; -1/4)

Three-fold Doom: HKA 3d6 (vs. Power Defense)' date=' Trigger (Trigger requires a Day To Reset, Character does not control activation of Trigger; TRIGGER: Target Does Harm To Another; +1/4), Invisible to Hearing, and Sight Groups, Source Only (Mark Of Doom Visible To Mystical Senses, Otherwise Source Is Not Determinable To Observers; +1/2), Continuous (Stays In Effect And Is Not Retargeted; +1), Does BODY (+1), AVLD (Power Defense; +1 1/2) (236 Active Points); 3 Charges which Never Recover (-3 1/4), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), No STR Bonus (-1/2), Incantations (Curse; -1/4)[/quote']

I like it -- to a point. That point, unfortunately, is the 3 Charges which Never Recover. This isn't something you can only use once, unless those three charges apply to any particular single use of the power. I also am not certain I would want to go with the AVLD/Does Body combo, though it's certainly something that would REALLY make Powers take a step back.

Unfortunately, it doesn't address the question I'm asking: how to make it 'only up to damage ever inflicted on others'. The function of the disad I'm trying to gauge is that if this is a person who's lived their life relatively cleanly, and are only the sort to defend themselves, careful to do minimal/no Body damage, and all that sort of thing, it'll do maybe 1d6 worth of damage. If on the other hand this is a thug who isn't bothered by killing people and has done so numerous times, he's gonna take the full 3/6d6K -- and probably die pretty much instantly by simultaneous massive trauma.

Unfortunately, it doesn't address the question I'm asking: how to make it 'only up to damage ever inflicted on others'. The function of the disad I'm trying to gauge is that if this is a person who's lived their life relatively cleanly, and are only the sort to defend themselves, careful to do minimal/no Body damage, and all that sort of thing, it'll do maybe 1d6 worth of damage. If on the other hand this is a thug who isn't bothered by killing people and has done so numerous times, he's gonna take the full 3/6d6K -- and probably die pretty much instantly by simultaneous massive trauma.

Just give it a name and assign a value. Keep in mind that you'd have to imagine that a person wouldnt bother laying such a curse on a milksop however.