Web sticky - Your help appreciated

Boll Weevil

Boll Weevil has a webby Entangle as do many spidery characters. Ideally, I would like an Entangle that works thusly: When the Entangle is applied, it has the Sticky advantage. It is a viscous gooey mess that will entrap anyone who tries to help. In a given amount of time, let's say a Turn, the Sticky disappears and the Entangle hardens to its full effect. I have played around with the Gradual Effect but really I would like, after a Turn, to trade in my Sticky advantage for the equivalent point's addition in Def/Body. This can happen gradually over the turn, or magically cure at the end of 12 seconds. Ooh! and if this doesn't get too complicated perhaps it can have an "Entangle & character both take damage" advantage until it cures also to reflect the fact it is a gel that hardens into something more solid.

Thoughts?

Re: Web sticky - Your help appreciated

You build it like this:

4d6 DEF 4 Entangle, Sticky (only lasts 1 turn), +4 DEF (delayed effect, 1 turn).

The limitation on Sticky only applies to the active points of Sticky

The limitation Delayed Effect only applies to the active points from the extra DEF

the Sticky advantage does not apply to the extra DEF

There is a bit of book-keeping involved there, but I think that should do it. Hope this helps.

Some people spread joy wherever they go. Others, whenever they go. - Oscar Wilde

Try it something like this:

1. Buy the Entangle (4d6, right?) That's 40 points
  2. Buy a Naked Modifier with a Naked Advantage, sticky (20 points) with a Limitation of 1 turn only (I don't know what that lim would be)
  3. +4 Def is +20 points. Buy a Naked Modifier with either a naked advantage to give it 20 points or a modifier to add 20 points. Then put in a naked limitation of delayed rate 1 turn.

In theory, that should work.

And Ockham's Spoon, I'll let you feel the power of 150 rep! (You can share the love with me, if you want. Just saying. :) )

Kudos to Kirby for figuring out how to make Hero Designer jump through the right hoops. I wouldn't know since I still make characters on a sheet of notebook paper, but maybe someday...

So will you even notice my rep power of 26? And what exactly does that mean anyway?

Some people spread joy wherever they go. Others, whenever they go. - Oscar Wilde

progress.gif

If you click on User CP, at the top of the screen, you can see the total rep you've recieved to date. (It's at the upper right-hand of the screen). The actual score you see next to other people's names is their total reputation divided by 100.

Thus, your 26 rep "adds" .26 rep to the person's visible score.

Kudos to Kirby for figuring out how to make Hero Designer jump through the right hoops.

So will you even notice my rep power of 26? And what exactly does that mean anyway?

Thank you, and yes, I did notice (you bumped me up a number). :)

The actual score you see next to other people's names is their total reputation divided by 100.

Thus, your 26 rep "adds" .26 rep to the person's visible score.

I think the formula is a bit different from that. I *think* Rep in gaming forums give you more than Rep from NGD. My rep is 15725, but My rep power is 162.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :D