The Blind, from Predators

hind

Hi everyone

My players have been plagued by The Blind (the assassin from Predators) for several months now and have decided enough is enough. They want to track him down to his home/lair (he's gotta have a place to hang his clothes, right?) and confront him there. I'm turning to everyone on these boards for their thoughts as to what his abode should look like and include.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks in advance

Re: The Blind, from Predators

I'm guessing he lives in Asia- probably mainland China (his native language is Mandarin). Just getting past the Bamboo curtain is a challenge. If you want him in a large city, where he can be mobile and leave on a moment's notice, Beijing or Shanghai might be a good choice. However, given his training, he might live in a remote village or monastery, leaving it only when he gets a contract. If this is the case, he might have a village of dedicated peasants watching out for him, if he is their "protector". Any "round-eye" strangers who come looking for him would stand out and Blind would be warned.

If he flies in from China, his most likely arrival points are Vancouver, Seattle, LA or San Francisco. San Francisco's Chinatown may be a temporary base, though I suspect an assassin of Blind's calibre wouldn't use the same safehouse twice.

The trick to nailing Blind is to get at his support network. Someone has to get him his intel, weapons and provide him with contacts. Also, find out how he gets paid. Money is traceable, even if you have to work at it to track it.

Note that the second plot hook for Blind works very well if you do make him living in a village.

Stick him in Hong Kong' date=' he'd fade into that city like rain into the ocean.[/quote']

Agreed- Hong Kong is the perfect choice if you want to give them less flak about getting into China. Taiwan is another interesting place to consider where he speaks the language. Thailand is also an interesting choice, since anything or anyone can be bought there if the rumours are to be believed.

I like many of these suggestions.

I think perhaps the Blind's lair will indeed be an ancient monastery, even occupied by monks. But a series of secret doors and tunnels leads to a secret sanctum full of modern trappings and technology.

I really like the idea of loyal villagers protecting him/preserving his secrets.

Any suggestions of what kind of interesting encounters one can find within his lair? There's no lighting, for one....he doesn't need it, right? That puts heroes on the defensive. I'd like a training room that can be used to challenge the PCs in some way.

Thanks for the input

I like many of these suggestions.

I think perhaps the Blind's lair will indeed be an ancient monastery, even occupied by monks. But a series of secret doors and tunnels leads to a secret sanctum full of modern trappings and technology.

I really like the idea of loyal villagers protecting him/preserving his secrets.

Any suggestions of what kind of interesting encounters one can find within his lair? There's no lighting, for one....he doesn't need it, right? That puts heroes on the defensive. I'd like a training room that can be used to challenge the PCs in some way.

Thanks for the input

Perhaps the monks are also blind, and their monastery is deep underground in a cavern in the mountains where no light can be found.

If you have the Hidden Lands sourcebook, that a look at Agharti. I'm sure it wil give you all sorts of ideas.

Hidden traps in his layer would be doubly effective if they cannot be seen. This could be as simple as a few well placed pits or as elaborate as the traps in the Indiana Jones movies.

Consider also burning incense that causes visual hallucinations. Blind ignores any vision, but it could really throw the heroes for a loop.

Finally, Blind knows that he has the advantage in the dark. Does he have some way to prevent the heroes from bringing light to his lair, or will the heroes have to be clever enough to bring light with them so they can fight him on even terms?

Drained and blue

I bleed for you

You think its funny

But you're drowning in it too

- Alice in Chains