Remember the Arcanum!

Savinien

Re: Remember the Arcanum!

Which edition of Talislanta do you have? Because I assure you, garde exists. Tazian Combat exists. I've found writeups for Thralls on the Internet which have both, but unfortunately they don't go into details.

Okay, let me try to remember enough to be of use...

Full Garde should be at least equivalent to Plate and Chain armor (Def 7). I would say that it would cover Hit Locations 7-10 and 14-17, or around an 11- Activation Roll if you're not using Hit Locations. The spikes would probably do the equivalent of a Knife (1/2d6) when used offensively. Despite appearances garde has no Damage Shield-like capacity to hurt attackers IIRC.

As I recall, Tazian Combat was similar to the Wrestling Martial Art, with the inclusion of an improved Block (Martial Block) and a Strike with armored arm or leg. Again IIRC, those last two maneuvers were only used when wearing garde.

I hope that's of some help.