70	END	0
60	STUN	2
Total Characteristics Cost: 212

Movement:	Running: 8" / 16"
Swimming: 2" / 4"

Cost	Powers & Skills
100	Pulse Bolts: Multipower, 100-Point Pool
10	1) u Narrow Beam Pulse: EB 20d6, END 10
7	2) u Wide Beam Pulse:  EB 10d6, Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1); No Range (-1/2),
END 10

16	Invulnerable: Hardened for 33 PD/33 ED (+1/4)
41	Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (33 PD/33 ED), Hardened (+1/4)
6	Heavy: Knockback Resistance -2"
4	Long Legs: Running +2' (8" Total), END 2
4	Reach: Stretching 1â€, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Always Direct (-1/4), 
No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4)
8	Neopolis Police Department Radio Ring: Radio Perception/Transmission; IIF (-1/4)

Perks:
2	Fringe Benefit: Neopolis Police Powers

Skills:
16	Combat Skill Levels: +2 with Combat
2	AK: Neopolis 11-
3	Bureaucratics 13-
0	Climbing 8-
0	Concealment 8-
0	Conversation 8-
3	Criminology 12-
0	Deduction 8-
2	KS: Law Enforcement 11-
0	Language: English (native)
0	Paramedic 8-
2	PS: Police Officer 11-
0	Shadowing 8-
0	Stealth 8-
3	Streetwise 13-
0	TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
231	Total Powers & Skills Cost
444	Total Character Cost

200+	Disadvantages
15	Distinctive Features: Huge Blue Man/NPD Officer (NC)
5	Hunted: Gangs In South Green (AsPow, Lim Geo) 8-
10	Hunted: NPD (MoPow, NCI, Watching) 8-
5	Physical Limitation: Large (I, S)
10	Psychological Limitation: Surly And Anti-Social (C, M)
10	Psychological Limitation: Notable Dislike For/Tries To Deny, His Origins (U, S)
10	Reputation: NPD Officer/Invulnerable/Surly 11-
179	Big Blue Bonus
444	Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History:

Little information is given about Smax's origins in the pages of Top Ten. One can surmise a lot, however, based on the clues given over the course of the series. Jeff Smax's real name is Jaafs Macksun, and I can only presume he comes from a very magic-rich "fantasy" dimension, complete with dragons, elves, and even singing swords (or whatever it is Smax keeps in his closet at home). His parents are never named, and Smax himself states he was brought up by his Uncle Mack and Aunt Minka (hence the last name of "Macksun" or "Mackson"). He came to Neopolis at some point, and eventually became a police officer, probably because his size, strength, and general invulnerability made it his best choice of an occupation.

Personality/Motivation:

For the most part Smax is an antisocial loner with a surly attitude. Part of this may be due to his attempt to get away from his origins, or to keep people away from himself so he want have to answer questions about himself he'd rather not hear. On the other hand, he has dated women in Neopolis, specifically Synaesthesia Jackson (who said touching him "tasted like bitter ashes"). It is worth noting that some of his behavior may stem from the loss of his previous partner, Stochastic Fats, who was murdered in is own home. For the record, Smax is partnered with Toybox in issue 1, and grows to be rather protective of her, slowly coming out of his self-imposed shell.

Quote: "Captain Traynor, sir? All due respect, sir... Permission to use extreme force."

Powers/Tactics:

Smax is, flat-out, invulnerable. He can withstand a building falling on him, and is able to go toe-to-toe (for a while) with Commissioner Ultima in issue 10. He also seems to be superhumanly strong (he can punch through a building wall), and can fire a force blast from a white handprint on his chest. I'm unsure how strong he actually is, or how powerful the force blast is, and made educated guesses based on the comic series. His Wide Angle Pulse might be less damaging, as he didn't exactly injure a roomful of dancers when he used it (although he did stun every single one of them...). On the other hand, his primary blast did send Ultima through a wall, and effectively KO'd Ernesto Gograh with one shot.

Appearance:

Smax stands something like nine feet tall, with a broad and very muscular build. His skin is dark blue, while his hair and eyebrows are off-white. There is a white handprint on his chest. His police "uniform" is dark blue boots/trousers the same color as his skin, a white utility belt, and white gloves/sleeves connected to a long white cloak/jacket.

Designer's Notes:

This is only a speculative write-up for Smax. He appeared in all 12 issues of "Top Ten" and was due to get his own mini-series in which he returns home after the death of his Uncle Macks. Unfortunately, I've never seen/read the latter, so I don't know what, if anything, I might have missed. His might be stronger, or not. As for his defenses, I tried to building someone that was really hard to hurt with much of anything, and admit to looking at Durak from some ideas.

(Smax created by Alan Moore and Gene Ha, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

Hi

For the lims, some personal suggestions :

Psy. lim.

- maybe a bit of overconfidence

(remember how he talks to Gograh Sr ? or the way he tries to blast Atoman's door).

Soc lim.

- "Subject to orders" ? as every police officer ...

I wonder if Toybox (or Scholastic) could be considered a DNPC.

BTW. about Top Ten; i'm still thinking about creating a PC investigator with Synesthesy's powers. if anyone has some ideas ...