New RPGNow Staff Review for Echoes of Heaven

Defendi

• 1 month later...

Noticed an error

I had to laugh at his criticisms for not having any prestige classes. Really, does every supplement need a handful of more useless prestige classes?

I started looking around at some of the other adventures. I thought I should point out that the Hero version of The Throne of God states, "An adventure for 3rd level characters."

Re: New RPGNow Staff Review for Echoes of Heaven

Thanks. Where does it say it? I think I caught all of them but I haven't finalized product 1 with errata yet.

If it's any consolation, all the Non-hero versions went out in the first release saying they were for 165 point -300 point characters. :)

Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting

And now I have to double post.

So I looked through all the Final Redoubt Press stuff on RPGNow and then on the company website. I see all these fantastic adventure seeds and adventures but I am wondering, "Where is the main campaign setting." Am I to understand it is contained within the adventures themselves?

Re: New RPGNow Staff Review for Echoes of Heaven

Heh, they dinged you for seperating Rules from Setting.

In my book that'd be deep on the "This Is Why It's Good" side of things. Rules have no business inside a Setting description. And they thinkg adding Prestige Classes adds "crunch" .... Silly D20 players.

I'm gonna have to get my hands on a copy and do a real review. :)

D20 gamers = rpg kobolds

In my book that'd be deep on the "This Is Why It's Good" side of things. Rules have no business inside a Setting description. And they thinkg adding Prestige Classes adds "crunch" .... Silly D20 players.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Probably because I'm a 'Hey, this setting is kind of cool but these mechanics blow' kind of guy.

Re: D20 gamers = rpg kobolds

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Probably because I'm a 'Hey' date=' this setting is kind of cool but these mechanics blow' kind of guy.[/quote']

I'm much the same way. I find many setting books are hard to use (or simply ruined) by binding the mechanics to them.

That and removing the System from the Setting opens up the buying market to people beyond the intended system, as it then involves less work to use the setting. Or at least easier reading, which can be the same thing.