GURPS Traveller

Captain Obvious

Does anyone know if GURPS Traveller has different versions of vehicles based on tech level? Not the starships...that's kind of a given...but the planetside vehicles.

I picked up GURPS Vehicles a while back and tried to use it to build an ATV at the first tech level where it became available, and I couldn't get it to work. I figured the lowest tech level would be a bare bones version...not very comfortable, no more electronics than absolutely necessary, and no redundant systems...and as tech level went up, all these things would improve. But I couldn't make it fit with the performance standards (size, range, speed, etc) listed in the Traveller book.

Just wondering if SJG altered their system to make it fit, or if they ignored it and just presented one version, like the original Traveller did.

Re: GURPS Traveller

GT instituted a modular design system with GT Ground Forces, which made designing vehicles much less of a PITA, it has seperate tech levels for some modules, but all the vehicles presented are a specific TL. there are 3 vehicle books for other versions of Traveller, sadly all 3 are long out of print, although copies can be had.

101 Vehicles- Digest Group, lots of variety, wide range of TL's, good luck finding without paying an arm and a leg. Megatraveller, all vehicles have basic art

Emperors Vehicles: T4 book, again a large variety, not a lot of stats, very little art, easier to find

Regency Combat Vehicle Handbook: TNE, combat vehicles only, all vehicles have art, plenty of detail on each vehicle.

as to Traveller Hero, there will be an assortment of vehicles statted out, I have all 3 vehicle books, along with GURPS Vehicles, and GT Ground Forces, and if somebody wants to see a specifci vehicle, I can put something together, although I wont touch anything from the DGP book, due to the copyright holder being really rabid about anything being used. anything else for single vehicles, I can usually post without worries, Marc Miller is really cool to work with