Now to: Missing time

JmOz

OK, I realise it will be a disad

Basicaly the players will have been "gone" for about a year and a half

and they will have no idea where or why

What disad(s) would you call this?

In addition all the players will be required to take "Mystery Disads---25)

Re: Now to: Missing time

If the PCs have a chance of remembering anything:

Psychological Limitation: Memory Loss

If the PCs have no chance of remembering anything:

Physical Limitation: Memory Hole.

Frequency and Level are dependant on how often you plan on bringing it into play.

If the PCs have a chance of remembering anything:

Psychological Limitation: Memory Loss

If the PCs have no chance of remembering anything:

Physical Limitation: Memory Hole.

Frequency and Level are dependant on how often you plan on bringing it into play.

My gut is saying right now two disads

A Psyc lim & a social lim (Covering two different aspects of it)

If anything it is a physical lim: they can't recover what they don't know with an Ego roll. Also they can minimise any social limtiation once they realise what is going on, unless, of course they have become wanted criminals or something int eh missing time, whicj you can presumably cover under the mystery disadvantages.

I mean if I was EDM'd 1 1/2 years into the future I wouldn't expect to pick up disadvantages. Ditto if I spent the time in a coma or as the mentally transformed lackey of Doctor Mindwarp. Yes there are consequences (the authotities may be after me, for example) but I would imagine the PCs will adapt pretty quickly tot he knowledge that they have lost a chunk of time.

Can't get Buck Rogers out of my head for some reason....

I'd leave it with the Mystery Disad - 25 points is big enough to make people wonder.

What you can do, however, is open the option to take disads based on the missing time - intensely curious, paranoid, embarrassed, that kind of thing. In one pulp campaign I ran, a character had a multiyear gap in his memeory, and had an intense phobia of the occult. The two were linked, but of course, the character had no clue how.

:) We had a character lose some time in a scenario way back, and when he woke up, what he didn't realise is that the villain had tattoo'd what was basically a big clue on his back. Well, you wouldn't notice would you?

In fact it didn't come up again for about 3 more scenarios, when the team went to the beach. How we laughed. Well, I laughed, anyway. The player just sort of snarled and came at me with a knife.