Sister Bliss

Lunistra

Hi,

I am new to champions and HERO and will be playing in a campaign in London at our gaming group towards the end of the year.

I have a concept readt to go, it is a character i have played in City of Heroes and subsequently got into an independant comic, where she has appeared in 3 issues.

Sister Bliss is a combination of a Nun, Hooker and Mystical Imp all accidentily fused together in a mystical confligration.

She has powers of Seduction, Charms and Blessigns and Portals

I have had a look throug hthe HERO books, and it completely overwhelms me!! I see her as a support character aidign the rest of the group as such and not so much in front line or blastign away.

I had thoughts over

Emotion control - Lust

Luck

Dimention powers- to open small portals to pick things up fro ma distance, punch through them if needed to, open portals as a defence against incomign attacks and as an instant transport method. but she doesnt actually visit other dimentions.

Anyone got any more suggestions on skills, powers and ways of makign these powers that could help me work out my character. I know it is a 200 point and max 100 disadvantage game i will be playing in.

Thanks in advance

Luni

Re: Sister Bliss

You'll need to talk with your GM, but:

Emotion Control is usually done as a limited form of Mind Control (emotions only, one emotion only in this case). A high Presence and Comeliness plus the Seduction and Persuasion skills can work as well for what you seem to have in mind.

Luck is usually done using the Luck power, but it can be done in other ways. The Luck power is used when you really don't control exactly when your luck pops up or what it does; if you want more control, ask your GM to walk you through building powers with the right special effects.

The portals you want are made using three powers:

Portals to pick things up at a distance or punch are built as Stretching, Does Not Pass Through Intervening Space.

Portals to deflect attacks are built as Missile Deflection.

Portals to step through are built as Teleportation.

I'd put the Portal Powers in a Multipower (a block of points you can move around between different powers), have the Luck outside the MP, and use either Mind Control or high stats and social skills to induce Lust.

Sounds good, sadly the GM doesn't know much either about the game , so we are all trying to learn as we go along. We usually use D&D or D20 modern so its ab it of a change.

The Luck option was supposed to be she grants others some minor luck / blessing, rather than she herself be lucky.

Nice tip on the skills part for seduction, rather than use powers

Sounds good, sadly the GM doesn't know much either about the game , so we are all trying to learn as we go along. We usually use D&D or D20 modern so its ab it of a change.

The Luck option was supposed to be she grants others some minor luck / blessing, rather than she herself be lucky.

Nice tip on the skills part for seduction, rather than use powers

To be able to use the Luck power on allies, you can take the Advantage (they raise the cost of powers) Useable On Others. Alternatley (there are usually multple ways to create an effect in Hero) you could take the Aid power (such as a DEX Aid) to bestow blessings on your allies.

As a fan of both DnD and Champions, I can say the character creation system can be a bit daunting in the begininng. After you get the hang of it, however, you will wonder why you ever played another system. You can literally make any power or ability you can think of (and is allowed by the GM).

Have fun and welcome to Champions!

[edit] Bah, was adding my advice but Hat beat me to it.

Hm.

Well, http://www.killershrike.com and http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/ together have hundreds of HERO characters to look at for ideas.

The Luck for others power could be built as Aid to DEX and INT; that will add to the target's skill rolls and combat value (to hit rolls and chance of avoiding attacks). You can keep it as another slot in your Multipower, which will keep the price down. There are other ways, but that's pretty uncomplicated.

Check out the Teleportation powers in the Ultimate Speedster. There are several powers that work the way you want. "Float Like a Teleporter,Sting Like a Be" Opens mini-gates. one in front of the target and one in front of himself. Allows him to punch targets from a distance. Bought as Stretching, does not cross intervening space, no NC stretching, no velocity bonus. US page 146

"Reach Tunnel" does the same thing under the Dimensional Powers in US page 111

Since both of these powers are bought as stretching, they can be used to punch, pick things up or place them. You might want to take one of these in a multipower with 2 slots. 1 for normal 8-10" Stretching. 2 add megascale 1"=1km.

If you go the megascale route, I'd suggest taking the "Dimensional Window" power on page 114of US. Bought as clairsentience, so you can see what you're doing.

Grimble