Disabling a Phisical Manifestation Power with transform

jaws

I am trying to create a power that can disable magical runes with the Physical manifestation limitation since they all have Physical Manifestation - Rune and Media (-1/4).

So if I erase the rune in effect damaging the "focus" should it not destroy the power? It feels right I just want to make sure it works and isn't excessively abusable...

Suffice to say both the magic it cancels out as well as the power below are based on Killer Shrikes Rune caster magic system.

Would this work (legally):

Rune of Erasure: Minor Transform 10d6 (Written or scribed surface in to blank surface, Recreating or rewriting text or rune) (100 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Normal Defenses Apply DEF of "focus" resists transformation (-1/2), Physical Manifestation - Rune and Media (-1/4) RC:16

Notes: Must transform as if surface is a focus of AP/5 DEF, min 3 DEF and the same amount of body. The DM may see fit to increase this DEF if the material is specially prepared or reinforced. Also if the rune is one that provides Power defense the highest defense may be applied. Permanent Runes may be recovered with out additional XP expenditure by re-scribing them as long as they didn't take the independent limitation.

Re: Disabling a Phisical Manifestation Power with transform

The problem is it would damage the surfaces of the materials scribed on. The Idea is not to damage them... only to erase the text' date=' rune, what ever.[/quote']

What if the power were Limited to "only damage scribed mystical runes"?

Re: Disabling a Phisical Manifestation Power with transform

drat, Thats my love hate relationship with Hero system. There are so many ways to do one thing it is awesome, but it can get a bit daunting. Especially when costs vary greatly but the result is the same.