Xena-style Amazons

Mark Rand

Yet another drop-in. Our topic for today involves a modern version of the Amazons from Xena: Warrior Princess.

In about 250 B.C., Rome sent two Legions (2000 men) after the Amazons. While their sisters fled into man's world, 200 Amazons acted to delay the soldiers. In the end, all 200 died, taking over 1000 Romans with them.

Modern Amazons worship Artemis, have knowledge of Amazons customs, have at least 10 points in martial arts, speak, read, and write Greek, have trained in ancient and modern weapons, fight the good fight, and are loyal to their clan, the Amazon queen, and Artemis, their patron Goddess.

I hope to eventually come up with a package deal that I can put into Hero Designer, version 3.

Comments, ideas, questions?

Re: Xena-style Amazons

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086882/

Check out the comment page.

I don't remember the VP getting arrested at the end, but I do remember a teen aged daughter of one of the (dead) antagonists crying and practising with her bow at the fade out.

It was based on the then popular factiod about the Arawak indians. They had been destroyed by the Caribs, but the Arawak women were enslaved, not eaten. Because no Carib would learn "woman's talk" the Arawak culture (transmitted by the Arawak mother to daughter) survived longer than the Awarak nation. Similarly, the Amazons were enslaved (by Hercules? Sorry, DC interlude :rolleyes: ) and thought to be destroyed as a culture/nation. Didn't quite happen...

Midas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086882/

Check out the comment page.

I don't remember the VP getting arrested at the end, but I do remember a teen aged daughter of one of the (dead) antagonists crying and practising with her bow at the fade out.

It was based on the then popular factiod about the Arawak indians. They had been destroyed by the Caribs, but the Arawak women were enslaved, not eaten. Because no Carib would learn "woman's talk" the Arawak culture (transmitted by the Arawak mother to daughter) survived longer than the Awarak nation. Similarly, the Amazons were enslaved (by Hercules? Sorry, DC interlude :rolleyes: ) and thought to be destroyed as a culture/nation. Didn't quite happen...

Midas

I saw the movie and thought it was great. The Amazons from this movie could have been from a tribe that went a different way during the Roman times and are trying to take over the world instead of fighting the Darkness.

If I add Highlander: the Series to the mix, the current Amazon monarch is Xena's pure-of-heart companion Gabrielle, who also rode with King Arthur and Joan of Arc and was the Golden Age heroine Liberty Belle.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While Amazons worship Artemis, and other Greek deities, they also know that He can order any other deity He wants to around. Additionally, Joan of Arc is one of His favorite messengers.

Many Amazons were a decorative gold bracelet with gold braiding on it to show their status. One braid marks them as someone worthy of being an Amazon. Two braids marks them as being a regular Amazon. Three braids marks them as being someone empowered to Slayer level by Artemis. Three braids marks them as being either the queen or a member of her riyal court.