[Character] Scirocco

Mr. R

Re: [New Character] Scirocco

Nice.

You could probably save some points by getting rid of a few redundant Martial Art maneuvers (like Offensive Strike, Defensive Strike and Counterstrike) and replace them with more CSL's.

Question, how do you plan to add up damage for his Advantaged HA's? Does he do (HA + STR) or (HA + STR + MA) when using them? It's the difference between 9-10 dice vs. 15-16 dice not counting CSL's used for extra damage.

My namesake character (see 2nd link in my sig) has similar Advantaged HA's but doesn't have the Martial Arts.

HM

Well how do you make it so HA add to MA attacks. I thought you could not add them unless it was as a weapon with the WE? If so then I would reduce the HA multipower as it places the damage too high.

Also just to note it is a female character.

Well how do you make it so HA add to MA attacks. I thought you could not add them unless it was as a weapon with the WE? If so then I would reduce the HA multipower as it places the damage too high.

Also just to note it is a female character.

The following 2 threads might help.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50260

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35429&highlight=Advantaged

FYI, you could legally take the Hand To Hand (-1/2) Limitation on the multipower reserve as well.

example:

17 Martial arts tricks: Multipower, 26-point reserve, (26 Active Points); Limited Power (custom) Hand-To-Hand Attack (Legal since all slots in multipower are HA's. Taken as Multipower Only Modifier so HD doesn't add to slot only HA Limitations; -1/2)

2u 1) High Impact Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (26 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=3

2u 2) Swirling Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (2" Radius; +3/4) (26 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: AOE HTH attacks usually do not require Personal Immunity. They do usually require another defense like Can be Blocked [besides the normal Dive For Cover] ] - END=3

2u 3) Penetrating Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; allows for tricks like breaking bottom of a stack of bricks when hit from top; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (26 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: Indirect can also represent un-blockable punches as well] - END=3

Here's an alternative to the super movement multipower you might consider:

30 Strong Legs: Running +10" (16" total), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Usable [As Second Mode Of Movement, Leaping & Swimming] (+1/4); +1/2) (30 Active Points) [Notes: Reduced END and any of the other Advantages only affect the base 10" of Running] - END=3

If you want the Variable Advantage to apply to the 6" base Running as well:

36 Strong Legs: Running +10" (16" total), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Usable [As Second Mode Of Movement, Leaping & Swimming] (+1/4); +1/2) (36 Active Points) - END=4