GMing a Post Apocalypse campaign

killer7

Re: GMing a Post Apocalypse campaign

If you're still going for a Fallout Adaptation I could give you some of my Resources i've been using Failing that Here's what I did the streamline my campaign

Excel sheets (Any similar program will suffice) These make weapon/armor/general equipment managing for purchase, ...

If you follow my link to the Fallout stuff I put together (as posted in the Fallout thread) I have all of the Fallout gear not only in spreadsheets but in HeroDesigner format.

Enjoy. http://www.legendsmiths.com/adventures/fallout/equipment

Quick question: Would it be lame and/or cheesy to set the game directly in the fallout milieu? I really like the flavour (and having a lot of the work already done :()' date=' but I don't want it to feel like a cop-out[/quote']

I don't know if you're familiar with the procedure known as "filing off the serial numbers". You simply take a concept, character, situation or other thing from a computer game, movie, book or other source, use it your game and change enough names, details etc. so that it works in it and hopefully the players don't get advance warning of what's going on. So the Enclave could become "The Emergency Provisional Administration", "The Brotherhood of Steel" could become the "New Knights" etc. If you do this to two or more sources of material it's not plaigarizing, it's "synthesis".

I don't know if you're familiar with the procedure known as "filing off the serial numbers". You simply take a concept' date=' character, situation or other thing from a computer game, movie, book or other source, use it your game and change enough names, details etc. so that it works in it and hopefully the players don't get advance warning of what's going on. So the Enclave could become "The Emergency Provisional Administration", "The Brotherhood of Steel" could become the "New Knights" etc. If you do this to two or more sources of material it's not plaigarizing, it's "synthesis".[/quote']

And if you footnote it, it's "research."

Quick question: Would it be lame and/or cheesy to set the game directly in the fallout milieu? I really like the flavour (and having a lot of the work already done :()' date=' but I don't want it to feel like a cop-out[/quote']

Short answer no, long answer would the players think it cheesy? I don't think they would be if they don't then the answer is certainly not. Bear in mind that the hero of fallout 3 seems to be able to do things (completely recover from crippling injuries just by sleeping, completely recover from 90%+ hit point loss by drinking water etc.) that normal humans can't. My theory is that he's genetically engineered, either directly or because his parents were. Whether that contributed to his mothers death... Anyway you may not want to allow the PCs these abilities if they're not genetically engineered.