Help building a power. And the explanation is way too long.

First time posting! Yay!

Not sure this is the right spot for it, but I'm making a character (Superhero-ish) for a game and one power set that's always intrigued me was the Marvel Taskmaster 'photographic reflexes' the ability to gain a skill by simply watching them.

But seeing as I don't want to steal that directly, and the logistics of which actually make my little head spin, I recently got an idea for something, hopefully easier.

Psychometry, or the ability to read an object, but in THIS special case only get the name of the wielder and the skill sets it holds.

Here's the 'story' for it:

The idea is that object that are used regularly or are 'loved' will tend to absorb the skills of the wielder, but only those pertaining to it's job. A sword will hold sword techniques, a lucky gambler's ring will hold his card tricks, a chef's knives will have his cooking skills, so on and so forth. And unless he wields/uses the object over the span of a month (I.E. spending XP on them) he loses the abilities they gave him until he picks them up again.

Now, most of this will be on the GM's side to decide whether or not an object will have anything my character will find useful, but on the player side, I was thinking of a Variable Power Pool, but low in Active cost, and requiring some limitations, like "Must have skin contact", "Limited to the typical use of the object", OAF/OIF, and the like, but other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

Any help would be appreciated. Even if it requires this being shunted off to the appropriate forum. :P

Thank you for your time.

Re: Help building a power. And the explanation is way too long.

I've moved this to the Discussion board, since it's not a rules question per se.

My quick response: The UNTIL Superpowers Database has pretty much everything you need. It's got an example power like Taskmaster's, an example Psychometry power, and so on. All you need to do is tweak them to suit.

Re: Help building a power. And the explanation is way too long.

Yeah, especially if you use the "optional" cramming that levels modify...then take the basics like Stealth and Acro as normal skills...5 to 8 Crammings and +5 Overall and you're MR. Skill copy Guy, so please don't hate me....