[character review] Pidge

JmOz

The following character is for the flash gordon game I am working on

She is the one alien I permited into the starting group

She is a member of a bird like race, she is starting as a slave to the spider queen

She is also the granddaughter to the queen of her people (Now dead, as is her parents)

However her people are a conquered and enslaved people, so the royal blood is fairly irrelevent from a character sheet POV

Any questions can and will be answered

Pidge

Player:

Val Char Cost

8 STR -2

18 DEX 9

13 CON 6

9 BODY -2

13 INT 3

13 EGO 6

13 PRE 3

18 COM 4

3/6 PD 1

3/6 ED 0

4 SPD 7

5 REC 0

26 END 0

20 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

1 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 35

Cost Power

5 Luck 1d6

Racial Abilities

10 1) +5 DEX (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

10 2) +1 SPD

4 3) +4 PER with Normal Sight

2 4) Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees) with Normal Sight

8 Wings: Multipower, 12-point reserve, (12 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-1/2)

1u 1) Flight 6" (12 Active Points)

1u 2) Gliding 12" (12 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 41

Cost Skill

1 AK: Spider Queen Palace 8-

1 Acting 8-

1 Climbing 8-

1 Combat Piloting 8-

1 Computer Programming 8-

1 Concealment 8-

1 Conversation 8-

1 Cryptography 8-

1 Deduction 8-

3 KS: General Knowledge, Alien empire (INT-based) 12-

3 Linguist

1 1) Language: Interlac (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

3 2) Language: Native Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 3) Language: Spider People (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

9 Navigation 15-

2 PS: Servent 11-

1 Paramedics 8-

1 Persuasion 8-

1 Shadowing 8-

1 Stealth 8-

1 Systems Operation 8-

1 TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles

1 Teamwork 8-

2 WF: Common Melee Weapons

Skills Cost: 40

Cost Talent

3 Bump Of Direction

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Talents Cost: 9

Total Character Cost: 125

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Soc. Lim.: Slave (escaped) (Occasionally, Major)

10 Psych. Lim.: Fear of being captured (Common, Moderate)

10 Psych. Lim.: Noble Obligation (Common, Moderate)

10 Hunted: Spider Queen 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish, Custom Adder)

10 Psych. Lim.: Hates confined areas (Common, Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 75

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

note, we are charging for everyman skills, but with bonus points given, there will be another 25 points in dissads and 25 points of quick xp during the first few sessions...

Re: [character review] Pidge

Sorry, a reason for sparce backgrounds is that I am makeing these characters for other players, they tend to give me few details (One couple litteraly said a Mechanic like Arther Fonzerely and a waitress), then I flesh them out a tiny bit, then we add as we play.

But in her case, the galaxy the PC's will be entering is in constant strugle with each other, making it easier for the Evil overlord type to control thing

Her grandmother was a queen to her people but were betrayed and killed, her mother who was a small child at the time was put into slavery, finnaly she was born, and has known nothing but the sadistic handling of the spider-queen, who has enjoyed tormenting her witht he knowledge of her herritage

The spider queen is thinking now of selling her to another bird like race (Built on a raptor style of bird instead of a homing pidgeon)

When the story opens up she will be helping to free the humans, and equipting them, this will also be when she escapes from the spider queen

appearence, she looks kind of like (anatomicaly) Hawkgirl from the Justice League Cartoon, but covered in Pidgeon like feathers

Powers wise: Her race has some adaptations similar to a bird, she can fly, has exceptional sight, & a keen homing sense (Bump of Direction, Navigation 15-), her race is also somewhat weak physicaly (-2 Str, -2 Con, -1 Body)

Personality wise I see her being a bit afraid of being a slave again while wanting to get the spiders off her world, then overthorowing the evil overlord, very concerned for her own people

I figured that yes the com would apply

also the navigation roll is a natural ability not a skill for her,

Hatred of confined areas is a common (but not quite universal) Psyc lim for her race

Linguist ability represents nanite translaters in her system (all the PC's will be getting them soon enough)

Wait wait wait, aren't you getting the Princess Allura and Pidge the hacker mixed up? Pidge was a little boy in the Green Lion, the Princess was in the Blue Lion!

Yeah, okay, not funny. Sorry everybody.

mildly ammusing, amusing enough for rep, but what do you think of the character?

I like the character.

An alternative to the Movement Multipower could be Flight; Usable As Gliding; Restrainable. Same cost, but looks cleaner (IMO) and if it's increased can be done so more evenly.

I would drop the +1 SPD for Racial Abilities and instead buy a few Flight Skill Levels to represent natural grace and ability (turning on a dime for one)

I'd also Increase the PRE to 15 for the full 3D6 royal blood should have. Maybe even more if you want her to have a real Royal Presence inherently.