Akashic - Memory Possession - Arcana Evolved

jaws

I have pretty much modeled the Akashic in full from Monte Cooks Arcana Evolved Campaign.

However I am hitting a wall with this ability. I am not sure if I should transform the mind of the akashic, summon the memory of the creature in to the Akashics Body and call it SFX. It is quite a powerful ability, but not excessively so the Ideas I have tried come out to expensive.

Official d20 desc:

Memory Possession (Su): The akashic can absorb the memories

of any intelligent creature who is alive or who has ever lived for 1 round per level. During this time, the creature’s personality takes control of the akashic’s body. Akashics use this ability to allow their allies to speak with and ask questions of the possessing memory (often that of an ancestor, absent friend, or other wellknown figure). If the possessing memory seeks to say or do something against the akashic’s will, the akashic may attempt a Will saving throw (DC 20) to prevent it. This ability can be used once per day.

Simplified description and my Idea.

The akashic absorbs the memories of any intelligent creature who is alive or who has ever lived for 1 turn for every point the Akashic Meditation roll is made by. The absorbed personality takes control of the akashic’s body. If the possessing memory wishes to act against the akashic’s will, there is an Akashic Meditation or EGO contested roll. The Akashic can only stop the personality from acting, it can not force it to do something it does not wish.

Important Note: This is not the Actual person but a copy of its mind and personality. It knows, acts, thinks and has the same motivations as the mind it copies but any effects upon the mental imprint do not affect the actual creature.

Any help Appreciated!

P.S. I have attached the prefab file for the other Akashic powers I have modeled so far. Please comment liberally.

Re: Akashic - Memory Possession - Arcana Evolved

It's just a SFX for an information gaining ability. Its not that dissimilar from the Retrocognitive Clairsentience based Bardic Knowledge I describe here:

Bards

You could also do it with just a "Detect Answer To Questions Person X Should Know"

Re: Akashic - Memory Possession - Arcana Evolved

Akashic Memory Possession: Multiform (200 Character Points in the most expensive form), Duration Modifier Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (The power lasts one turn per point by which the Akashic makes the roll; +0) (40 Active Points); Personality Conflict First Roll After 1 Turn (See Text; -2), Requires An Akashic Powers Roll (RSR Skill is subject to EGO vs. EGO contests; Akashic exists in conflict with borrowed personality; -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only To Change; -1/2)

The akashic absorbs the memories of any intelligent creature who is alive or who has ever lived for 1 turn for every point the Akashic Meditation roll is made by. The absorbed personality takes control of the akashic’s body. If the possessing memory wishes to act against the akashic’s will, there is an Akashic Meditation or EGO contested roll. The Akashic can only stop the personality from acting, it can not force it to do something it does not wish.

Important Note: This is not the Actual person but a copy of its mind and personality. It knows, acts, thinks and has the same motivations as the mind it copies but any effects upon the mental imprint do not affect the actual creature.

This is a rough draft of what I think you're looking for; I built it as a Multiform, thus giving the "persona" full rights & abilities to act on its own; then I modeled the EGO contest to represent that the Akashic is basically 'two people at once' and has to struggle with the multi-form.