RL temple and tombs maps

Icel

Re: RL temple and tombs maps

Catacombs might be more interesting, especially the ones that get added to over successive generations. Places where people actually live underground, too.

Temples and tombs are generally single-function buildings, so kind of basic, especially as compared to deeyandee dungeons...

You know, I've looked around for cool pics of the Parisian catacombs from time to time, but I never looked for a map.

Here are some. I'm not sure how cool they are because they seem to be taking their sweet time in downloading.

What are some other cities with famous catacomb/underground areas? Rome, right? I've heard of a place in Eastern Europe somewhere that is basically a city in an old salt mine.

Someone mentioned Rome above... I don't have any map links to offer, but they are continually finding underground chambers, etc., that were lost to history until some sewer work opened them back up.

Might be able to find something on them thare internets...