Images and Targetting/NonTargetting Sense

Psylint

Okay, this may sound strange but:

Suppose I buy Images that works against Sight as a Targeting Sense and Hearing as a Non-targeting sense so create 3 dimensional holographic television.

I'm assuming, against normals this will create images that can be seen and heard, but what about

Super Ear, who has normal hearing but as a targeting sense?

Infared Boy, who has infared vision

Opera Lover, who has high frequency hearing, but not as a targeting sense?

All of these folks should be able to perceive the Image, but do their enhanced senses give the Image away as fake? or what?

Thanks!

Re: Images and Targetting/NonTargetting Sense

Super Ear automatically knows the sounds aren't appropriate for the visual image.

Opera Lover wouldn't know it directly, but probably has a strong chance of realizing the sounds are not correct for the visual image and normal-frequency sounds; I'd give him a hefty bonus to his PER roll.

I'm not sure I agree.

Super Ear will be targeting using sound. he can target the image using sound. the fact that hearing is not a targeting sense NORMALLY does not mean you have to buy it as a targeting sense for images to work when it is.

Infra Red Boy and Opera Lover - well it will depend; if you bought images to affect the sight and hearing GROUPS, then they will be fooled, whereas if they just affect normal sight and hearing SENSES then the won't.

Super Ear will perceive the image normally. The only difference it that he'll be able to precisely target the image with just his hearing. He won't have any special ability to "see" through the image.

Infra Red Boy will only be able to see through the image if the image should be putting off infra-red radiation when it isn't, or vice-versa. For example, if the surrounding environment is fairly cold, humans or other warm-blooded animals, should be radiating heat. IR Boy would be able to notice that the images of people have no body heat. Likewise, an image of a big block of ice in a warm surrounding would not register a temperature difference.

Opera Lover won't notice anything wrong with the image, unless something in the image ought to be emitting high-frequency sounds.

Sean and Phil have the right of it.

Sensory Powers are bought against Sense as what the Sense Groups defaults them too, just because someone adds Targeting (or any other Sense Modifier that isn't on a given Sense Group by default) does not mean they are unaffected by the Sensory Power.

Sense Modifiers and Enhanced Senses can be used if the Sensory Power (such as Images) doesn't include them in it's Effect (like forgetting to add a heat signature to a Sight Image and someone with IR notices - per Phil's example).