Lace & Steel RPG... worth it?

CorPse

Hey,

I just saw a used copy of the Lace & Steel rpg at a place not far from my house.

I'm considering flipping it on ye olde eBay, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of previous auctions... although it's supposed to be a pretty cool system. Anybody know if this worth taking the time to do?

Also, if the auction doesn't go, will it be worth having around. (I'm curious about the card-based resolution system.)

All thoughts appreciated.

cP

Re: Lace & Steel RPG... worth it?

If you're going to mine it for ideas, it's extremely well worth it. One of the most unique settings of the 80s. I've got the original TAG edition and the US version that came out in the 90s, but was essentially just a reprint in a single volume.

Interesting... the thing I've seen is a boxed set... I don't think the three book set is the complete game... seems like the stuff I've read online says that there's a card-based resolution system? Anybody happen to know more about this?

Congrats, Susano, on your eBay win.

I'll look inside the box when I go to check it out my potential purchase today...

cP

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at some point soon here, I'm planning on posting my box set on eBay... it'll include all four books as well as a complete unpunched card set, and a second nearly complete set.

Would you like me to shoot you a PM when I put it up? (My thought is to put it up at $19.95 + shipping... enough so that if it sells I get back my time investment, and if I don't I can add a cool game to my collection.)

(Since these forums aren't really about commerce, that's the last I'll say about it.)

Well, at some point soon here, I'm planning on posting my box set on eBay... it'll include all four books as well as a complete unpunched card set, and a second nearly complete set.

Would you like me to shoot you a PM when I put it up? (My thought is to put it up at $19.95 + shipping... enough so that if it sells I get back my time investment, and if I don't I can add a cool game to my collection.)

(Since these forums aren't really about commerce, that's the last I'll say about it.)

Yes. Please do. Heck, I'd even send you a check to buy it straight up, now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not impressed with the mechanics' date=' but the setting and flavor is excellent.[/quote']

I didn't get a chance to look into too deeply, but it seemed to be going for what's come to be the "independent game" or lighter rules set feel. (Only, well, 20 year too early.)

However, the flavor stuff should be campaign portable. :)