[CHAR]Lynx

Weldun

[b]Lynx - Charles Grey[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
25    STR     15   25      14-       HTH Damage 5d6  END [1]
24    DEX     42   24      14-       OCV 8 DCV 8
30    CON     40   30      15-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
13    INT     3   13      12-       PER Roll 14-/15-
23    EGO     26   23      14-       ECV: 8
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
18    COM     4   18      13-
8    PD      3   8/20             8/20 PD (1/13 rPD)
8    ED      2   8/20             8/20 ED (1/13 rED)
5    SPD     16   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
12    REC     2   12
60    END     0   60
45    STUN    2   45
12    RUN      12   12"                END [2]
4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]
5    LEAP     0   5"                5" forward, 2 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 189[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
6     [b][i]Casual Strength[/i][/b]: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (6 Active Points) applied to STR - END=
7     [b][i]Healing Factor[/i][/b]: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
11     [b][i]Immune to Disease[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity 200 Years) - END=0
5     [b][i]Sturdy Body[/i][/b]: Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only Works Against  Poisons and Toxins (-1) - END=0
1     [b][i]Healing Factor[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (1 PD/1 ED) - END=0
6     [b][i]Heightened Senses[/i][/b]: +2 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
1     [b][i]Heightened Sense of Smell[/i][/b]: +1 PER with Normal Smell - END=0
5     [b][i]Heightened Sense of Smell[/i][/b]: Discriminatory with Normal Smell - END=0
5     [b][i]Heightened Sense of Smell[/i][/b]: Tracking with Normal Smell - END=0
5     [b][i]Strong Willed[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (10 points total) - END=0
15     [b][i]Psychic Powers[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 30-point powers - END=
12     1)  [b][i]Psychic Tracking[/i][/b]: Mind Scan 8d6 (Human class of minds) (40 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1) - END=4
15     2)  [b][i]Psychokinetic Claws[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points) - END=0
11     3)  [b][i]Psychokinetic Blows[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=1
15     4)  [b][i]Psychokinetic Force Field[/i][/b]: Force Field (12 PD/12 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (30 Active Points) - END=2
7     [b][i]Nowhere to Run[/i][/b]: Mind Scan 0d6 (Human class of minds), +10 ECV, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Only vs. Number of People Penalties (-1 1/2), Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Only for Tracking One Target at a Time (-1) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 127[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
4      Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      Punch:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike
3      Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 5d6 +v/5, Target Falls
1      Weapon Element:  Fist-Loads

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 12[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Breakfall 14-
1      KS: Local Underground 8-
3      Paramedics 12-
3      Shadowing 12-
3      Sleight Of Hand 14-
1      SS:  Genetics 8-
3      Stealth 14-
3      Streetwise 13-
2      Survival (Urban) 12-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 22[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
5     Distinctive Features:  Unusually "Colorful" Speech (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20     Enraged:  When in Combat (Very Common), go 8-, recover 11-
20     Enraged:  If Friends are Injured (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-
10     Hunted:  Police 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Watching)
15     Hunted:  Campaign City Gangs 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish [Kill])
10     Physical Limitation:  Unfamiliar with Nuance of this Earth (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Distrusts Authority Figures (Common, Moderate)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Underestimates Own Abilities (Very Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Vengeful (Uncommon, Strong)
5     Reputation:  Killer, 8- (Extreme;  Known Only To A Small Group [Campaign City Gangs])
10     Social Limitation:  Minor (Frequently, Minor)
10     Money:  Destitute

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Background/History: Within all of existence there are multiple realities, multiple universes, and many of them containing the same reality with only slight variations, that otherwise progress through linear time in a fashion that parallels those realities that are most like them. One of these is a timeline labled by extra-dimensional navigators as Earth 616, where superpowered beings can be found, some noble, some nefarious, many existing somewhere between. Beings who go by names such as Spiderman, The Hulk and Iron Man. Where gods such as Thor and Hercules walk among mortals. And where a group of mutants called the X-men, assembled by Professor X (Charles Xavier), contains members by the names of Cyclops (Scott Summers), Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) and Wolverine (Logan).

Charles Grey was not born in this timeline. He was born in the timeline of Earth 2163, where Scott Summers was killed shortly after his marriage to Jean Grey. Grief-stricken, she turned to the waiting shoulder of Wolverine. As the two grew closer, she shared his bed and fell pregnant. The Wolverine was frightened when she broke the news to him. (Lynx would later describe this as "the single most monumentally stupid act of Mom's life."). His fits of rage had recently been getting worse, and knowing that he could very well kill the child during one, he fled into the Ozarks, leaving behind a distraut Jean Grey and a very upset group of X-men.

Thus, Lynx was born in the mansion of Charles Xavier, and in honour of her mentor, Jean Grey named her son after him. In his early childhood, it grew clear that he had inherited his father's temper. However, this comparison is what stymied the attempts of his mother and his various teachers and friends. Much of his anger stemmed from feelings of abandonment and the lack of fortitude from his useless "meatsack" of a father. This was only made worse by his Uncle "Vic", who shared the childs low opinion of Wolverine, given their long history. By the age of 12, however, even Uncle Vic or his mother weren't enough to hold him to the mansion and Lynx ran from home, making his way to the streets of New York.

For two years he made his way on the streets, using his mutant abilities to fulfill his "Want-Take-Have" lifestyle. But he eventually ran affoul of the Mob, and fearing for his life, he began trainhopping his was towards the west coast, where he had heard that their presence was weakest. He never made it. One night, as he dozed in an empty car, the train he was on derailed. When he had managed to extract himself from the toppled car, he found himself being sucked into a vortex of green energy, one that deposted him into a back alley of a city.

For a while he thought he was only slighlty confused, but his confusion grew when he discovered that wherever he was, it was a different world from his own. New York was host to fewer supers, and nobody had ever heard of Spider Man or the Fantastic Four, nor did it possess a Four Freedoms Plaza. There were no Avengers or X-men, but instead there were such groups as PRIMUS and UNTIL, and the Champions who operated in a place called Millenium City, which apparently was built after the destruction of Detroit.

But there were some familiar aspects too. Mutants were feared here, along with superhumans in general, it seemed. Lynx resolved to do what he did best, what his Uncle Vic had always taught him to do. He would survive, and has met with mixed results over the past year..

Personality/Motivation: Lynx is a lost and angry young man, whose anger and frustration has led him into a life of distrust and solitude. Not only is he quick to anger, but he holds a grudge, which has led to altercations with the local gangs where he ended up killing some of them. While a bit of a loner, he does desire the friendship of others, and has been known to fly into a furious rage when they have been threatened. But perceived slights and his rather noxious speech always drive a wedge between him and anyone who befriends him, leaving him alone to begin the cycle anew.

Quote: "Aw, c'mon. I didn't hit the ******** that ******* hard!"

Powers/Tactics: Lynx is a mutant who has inherited abilities from both his parents. As much as he despises Wolverine, his abilities are most like his father's, but his mother's powers are present in an altered fashion. He possesses a lesser version of his father's healing factor, but this will quite likely grow to be just as strong. His senses have also been growing more acute, especally his sense of smell, and will also likely grow to the level of his father's acuity. However, his maternal inheritance is what makes Lynx especially dangerous. Like his mother, Lynx possesses psychokinetic and limited telepathic abilities. However, his paternal heritage had altered them considerably. He possesses the ability to surround himself in a psychokinetic force field that leaves him virtually impervious to most small arms fire and he can generate "claws" of raw psychokinetic force, that while not as capable as Wolverines, are still more than enough for most doors and body armor. Lynx can also psychokinetically enhance his more conventional blows and due to his distaste for the "meatsack", he will generally use this ability over his claws (unless he is enraged). Lastly, Lynx possesses the ability to telepathically sense where people are, and can track a single individual across any distance once we "get's their scent". This combined with his heightened smell means that almost nobody can excape his wrath once he sets his mind to it.

In combat his tactics show his age. He lashes out at anyone who gets in his way or grabs his attention. While he does tend to try and fight only one opponent at a time, he will do so holding nothing back. He has yet to realise just how potent his abilities have become, despite the deaths of more than a couple opponents.