A little build help.

Corven_Ren

Thanks to Killer Shrike's help I am starting to convert my fantasy campain to hero. He helped me convert one of the races I use and I am now trying to convert another on my own. Now to my problem..I understand that Transform would be used to simulate a flesh to stone spell, the stare of a medusa, gorgon's breath. How would you build an imunity to this. Ie the race is vulnerable to other transforms such as being polymorphed but cannot be petrified. Should I buy a Life Support immunity and type in petrification inf place of the choices listed?

Re: A little build help.

Couple of options. The first is Power Defense, which is the normal defense for Transform. If it only works vs a particular type of Transform then you can Limit it accordingly.

The other way is to buy Body Limited to only work vs a particular type of effect. This seems the same as the first option, except that it also works vs abilities that work against defenses other than Power Defense but have a particular SFX.

For instance, the cost of a Major Transform is 15 points and its based on the assumption that if you are going to KILL something (1d6 killing) then you might as well be able to CHANGE it in some massively debilitating way. However, the same holds true in reverse.

Ive seen "petrification" type attacks -- ie kill by changing the target into something else -- built as All or Nothing Killing Attacks with the SFX of "turn them to stone" or "liquefy" or "disintegrate". Unless such attacks are built AVLD, and they usually aren't, Option 1 (Pow Def) is useless against it, where as Option 2 is not. On the other hand, Option 2 gets ablated and has to be healed back -- which can be good or bad depending on what effect you are going for (resistance vs immunity).

Re: A little build help.

As it is a racial ability thing you could decide tocreate a perk for the race. When you buy the perk - race:[whatever] part of that perk is immunity to petrification. You can look at the costs involved in KS's methods and decide that such a perk is worth 10, 15, 20 points or whatever. It is a way of introducing an absolute to the game and probably the perk can only be bought as part of the race:[whatever] package dfeal that also includes Distinctive Looks and possibly even certain racial limitations etc.

Doc