The Red Baron

the Evil DM

Re: The Red Baron

I've recently been having fun playing the card/miniatures wargame "Wings of War" - I highly recommend it to anyone interested in simple fastplay biplane/triplane air combat.

Own it, love it, getting the rest of the boxes as they come in. Like Battletech, it's on my 'Highly Recommend to a Friend' list.

Holy Batdooky Batman!!!!

It looks like someone is finally making a WW1 movie that treats aircraft like aircraft.

I saw BOMBERS!!!!

And the paint schemes looked like someone actually looked at at least a couple old pictures.

Just for the scenes in the trailer I will be buying this one.

Anyone know if there are plans for a US theatrical release?

Own it' date=' love it, getting the rest of the boxes as they come in. Like Battletech, it's on my 'Highly Recommend to a Friend' list.[/quote']

I've been trying to find online papermodels of biplanes and triplanes - I only have two of the boxes so far. Here's a file of everything I've found so far papermodels.zip (20mb zip mostly PDFs) - if you find any, let me know.

BTW - according to reviews on IMDB from pre-release screenings, the movie may be crap. Only the action sequences appear good. But that's assuming they are real reviews.

BTW - according to reviews on IMDB from pre-release screenings, the movie may be crap. Only the action sequences appear good. But that's assuming they are real reviews.

Yea I was noticing that. But after reading most of the rambling I discounted the majority of postings.

In the end I can sum up the gist of the threads as such. It is true I didn't read them all, but the first three complete threads basically said:

The movie is a German production in Germany using European and British actors with no connection to the American movie industry, but Americans suck.

The movie is using British actors to play Canadians and therefore will be crap, oh because Americans suck.

The movie which is about the Red Baron isn't about a Canadian hero and therefore will be crap, and Americans suck.

Since there were Americans serving with European military units before they formally entered the war, "God why can't America leave peoples history alone?" the movie will be crap, and Americans suck.

All in all I found nothing in the IMDB postings that remotely gave me any reason to think anything about the movie other than a large number of bigots like to post there.

The Trailor was fantastic IMO and I have seen some really good movies out of Europe. So I will assume that it will be good and more true to the source material that other movies have been. But even if the acting and script turn out to be so bad as to qualify as a SciFi Channel movie I will still buy it just for the air combat scenes.

I've been trying to find online papermodels of biplanes and triplanes - I only have two of the boxes so far. Here's a file of everything I've found so far papermodels.zip (20mb zip mostly PDFs) - if you find any, let me know.

I bought 2 of the plane minis so far for it. I know they're $12 each but they look so freaking neat. :D

I bought 2 of the plane minis so far for it. I know they're $12 each but they look so freaking neat. :D

They do - I bought the Sopwith (Aubrey Beauclerk) and the Spad (Francesco Baracca). They're $20 in Australia from the FLGS but slightly cheaper from MilSims . I don't mind paying that seeing as it includes the stand and manoeuvre cards. But unfortunately the FLGS doesn't have any more :( - plus there are various fan-made planes on the yahoo group that don't yet have models.