Cryptic Answers MMO Questions

Steve Long

Re: Cryptic Answers MMO Questions

The death penalty doesn't really sound that different to me than in WoW, where when you're killing your gear gets damaged. Eventually it becomes so damaged that it's less useful... then useless. But you can go to various NPCs and get it repaired to full. As long as you can get your in-game asset repaired easily using in-game resources, it works just fine. Lack of ability to repair would just plain suck.

The death penalty doesn't really sound that different to me than in WoW' date=' where when you're killing your gear gets damaged.[/quote']

Well, sure, but there are those who don't want to see a death penalty at all. I'd prefer a story consequence for defeat rather than a death penalty, myself, but that would be much more complicated to implement, so I'm pretty happy with what they've chosen.

=

I like the mention of "exposure to X radiation" to repair your "gear". Shows they know what I want.

In City of Heroes/Villains, a death gives you the following options:

--Lie there until an ally raises you

--Go to the hospital (you'd be teleported there if you click the button to)

--Use an "inspiration" (a small one-use item picked up during a fight which causes you to raise, usually without full health or stamina, so you do that only when the villains are preoccupied.)

This sounds roughly similar.

Non-combat skills are one of the things I'm really looking forward to in this game.

I'm just hoping that selecting non-combat skills doesn't detract a great deal from your ability to create a combat-viable character. If so, there had better be a LOT of opportunity to use skills, with impressive results.

Perhaps non-combat skills will be available to everyone, regardless of character builds. Maybe they get better with usage instead of buying them through a point-based system at the start.

I can't wait for more details on the skill system.