Headmaster Transformers

This is the Japanese style Headmaster, not the American one. To detail ...

The robot bodies (dubbed 'Transtectors') are non-sentient, merely transforming vehicles; the heads are small human-sized robots that control the vehicles, and when united as robots, seem to control the body as if it was their own; they aren't, say, riding in a cockpit and manipulating controls.

Is this legal:

Buy the character as the unified form, then use Duplication to split into the small robot (that uses a character template) and the Transtector (which uses the vehicle template)?

Re: Headmaster Transformers

This is the Japanese style Headmaster, not the American one. To detail ...

The robot bodies (dubbed 'Transtectors') are non-sentient, merely transforming vehicles; the heads are small human-sized robots that control the vehicles, and when united as robots, seem to control the body as if it was their own; they aren't, say, riding in a cockpit and manipulating controls.

Is this legal:

Buy the character as the unified form, then use Duplication to split into the small robot (that uses a character template) and the Transtector (which uses the vehicle template)?

Basicaly close to how I would do it, However the power you want is multiform

then the multiform has the duplication power, remember the +1 advantage for 100% different, with a -0 always on, cannot change back without duplicitata (-0). Otherwise what you get is two big robots...

As I understand it, the second form (the one that didn't buy the vehicle) wouldn't have access to the vehicle. So, the vehicle would "disappear". For many multiforms, this would cause serious "common sense" issues; for this one, it fits quite well. The vehicle perk would disappear, but the "special effect" would be that the Transtector would become part of the second form's body.

Well, I think it makes lots of sense, anyway.

As I understand it, the second form (the one that didn't buy the vehicle) wouldn't have access to the vehicle. So, the vehicle would "disappear". For many multiforms, this would cause serious "common sense" issues; for this one, it fits quite well. The vehicle perk would disappear, but the "special effect" would be that the Transtector would become part of the second form's body.

Well, I think it makes lots of sense, anyway.

I suppose I can't argue that. It kinda struck my 'wha?!' nerve at first, but on closer inspection ... yeah. Works nicely. :)