Grond + Eclipse = 2 Gronds?

Dr Archeville

What happens when Grond is touched by Eclipse (the power mimic/thief from Ultimate Metamorph)?

Does Grond revert back to Sidney Potter?

Does karma slap the heroes and they both retain the powers of Grond?

If so, does the same backlash prevent Eclipse's power (which normally makes her change whenever she makes skin-to-skin contact with another) from working again, allowing her to finally touch things... with her new and not-fully-under-her-control strength?

Re: Grond + Eclipse = 2 Gronds?

(It's been a while since I looked at Grond, so I may be misremembering what his character is like)

I like the idea of Eclipse becoming Grond. This has potential. Imagine it happens by accident, once. Then, once the power reverts back, some little bit of Grond, deep inside, that's still Potter, starts obsessively looking for Eclipse. When he finds her, obviously, he shortly reverts back to Potter. Potter wants to subdue Eclipse or keep her still long enough to figure out how to make the transfer permanent, so he can go back to being himself.

I imagine this happening several times. Heroes could hear about Grond being unusually active, lately, in weird bursts of activity here and there. Possibly in unusual places. He's stalking Eclipse. When he's Grond, he doesn't know why he wants to find her, but he does. She becomes frightened - maybe she goes to heroes for help? Suppose the powers are transferred, but now Eclipse-Grond is off destroying stuff. Does Potter come to the heroes with ideas about how to take him down? Can they use him to develop new weapons against Grond without helping him stick an innocent... uh, okay... a person with his curse?

I dunno. Like I said, I may be totally misremembering what Grond is like. Right now I have a very Hulk-esque memory of him, but that might not be right. If not, ignore. Or change him.

Re: Grond + Eclipse = 2 Gronds?

(It's been a while since I looked at Grond, so I may be misremembering what his character is like)

I like the idea of Eclipse becoming Grond. This has potential. Imagine it happens by accident, once. Then, once the power reverts back, some little bit of Grond, deep inside, that's still Potter, starts obsessively looking for Eclipse. When he finds her, obviously, he shortly reverts back to Potter. Potter wants to subdue Eclipse or keep her still long enough to figure out how to make the transfer permanent, so he can go back to being himself.

I imagine this happening several times. Heroes could hear about Grond being unusually active, lately, in weird bursts of activity here and there. Possibly in unusual places. He's stalking Eclipse. When he's Grond, he doesn't know why he wants to find her, but he does. She becomes frightened - maybe she goes to heroes for help? Suppose the powers are transferred, but now Eclipse-Grond is off destroying stuff. Does Potter come to the heroes with ideas about how to take him down? Can they use him to develop new weapons against Grond without helping him stick an innocent... uh, okay... a person with his curse?

I dunno. Like I said, I may be totally misremembering what Grond is like. Right now I have a very Hulk-esque memory of him, but that might not be right. If not, ignore. Or change him.

You wouldn't be far off in comparing Hulk to Grond. This is not a bad story, would you mind if I stole... err borrowed the idea for my game?

It would make a good transition story, and I already have plans to use Grond for a very involved plot in my game.