kyle radnor the last legionary

bubba smith

does any one remember the sci fi novel series the last legionary by a. .hiller?

the series featured kyle radnor ,sole survivor of the planet moros whoose population served as the mercenary martial arts /military unit called the legions of moros[i think my spelling is correct here]untilthe genocidal attack of the deathwing .

supplied with an indestructible skeleton to replace the natural one poisoned by the deathwing he travels the universe in order to opose the deathwing machinations and avenge the extermination of the morosan race my question here is would this character make a good star hero or galactic champions campaign?

Re: kyle radnor the last legionary

Depends on the campaign. He sounds a bit like Riddick. Is he the only one that opposes the DeathWing? (Never heard of the series so other than the background you supplied I don't know all his background). Most Star Hero campaigns I know of...at least the one I played in.....you were members of a Military Unit that kept the Order in the Galaxy against tyranical ex Military types (the Genius General gone mad..) or the strange Alien Race that you just can't come to terms with because they are insidious and EVIL.....Would he be able to focus on a mission and not run off at the first sign of Deathwings? Would he be able to work as part of a team? If the answer is no to either one, then he wouldn't make a good character because most RPG's are about Teamwork.

does any one remember the sci fi novel series the last legionary by a. .hiller?

the series featured kyle radnor ,sole survivor of the planet moros whoose population served as the mercenary martial arts /military unit called the legions of moros[i think my spelling is correct here]untilthe genocidal attack of the deathwing .

supplied with an indestructible skeleton to replace the natural one poisoned by the deathwing he travels the universe in order to opose the deathwing machinations and avenge the extermination of the morosan race my question here is would this character make a good star hero or galactic champions campaign?

Yes, I managed to track down copies of all the books in the series. Yes, that would make a great star hero campaign. Unfortunately only one of the players can be the hero, what are the other players going to do?

Well, there's no reason to suppose that, in your game world, there was only one survivor.

Or that there weren't similar "last surviving heroes" from other worlds that were victims of the Deathwing.

There are so many options, it's dizzying!

Well, there's no reason to suppose that, in your game world, there was only one survivor.

Or that there weren't similar "last surviving heroes" from other worlds that were victims of the Deathwing.

There are so many options, it's dizzying!

in the original series the legions of moros were duped into retuning to their world after it was radiation poisoned by the deathwing kyle was told he was the sole survivor by his rescuer but the info COULD have been wrong

Oh, my. I haven't thought about that for years. Decades, even.

"The Last Legionary" was a series of five books by Douglas Hill. I read the third one, "Deathwing Over Veynaa" back when I was in primary school, but never read the rest of them. I'll have to order them from Amazon.

Thanks for bringing this up, Bubba Smith. I'd be a PC in a campaign based on this series.

Did anyone read "The Huntsman" sequence by the same author? There were three of them. It's kind of a Battlefield Earth background about a foundling adopted by a huntsman who sets off with his Bloodkin friend Baer to free his society from alien slavers - and search for his sister.

I used to really enjoy Douglas Hill when I was a nipper.