what options for security devices around town?

dugfromthearth

There is a law enforcement hero who patrols a town. He is a tech guy and has built devices scattered around town - video cameras, stun guns, etc.

Video cameras are probably some sort of enhanced sense for him.

I'd like the guns to function on their own, so maybe allies?

Any ideas on how to build a bunch of security devices scattered around an area that isn't a base? (Or should I just call it a base?)

Re: what options for security devices around town?

Just as an aside, given the amount of intrusion this lot places into public life, how many disads aer you giving him? I mean, leaving weapons in public places, possibly spying on people without thier knowledge etc?

You could build both weapons (and cameras) as megascale area affects, no endurance advantages and the limitation that can only be used when he's watching from his secret HQ. Gets expensive.

the town is a science outpost for a telescope. Basically everyone there works for the government. Rather than hiring a bunch of police they have him with his automated stuff. The scientists are fine with it - they are much happier being policed by cameras and robots than people.

I notice nobody has mentioned building his autonomous gizmoes as Followers. That allows you the good old x2 per +5 points break, which means you can have a thousand or so of these things for 50 points.

I have to say, though, that this isn't my idea of a superhero.

Maybe he should call himself "Big Brother".