Special Illusions

Jachra

See, now, I'm converting from something specific, and the illusions there are somewhat faerie-like (depending on where you get your faeries from, anyway.)

It works like this: They are capable of affecting the world around them, but with a limit.

A sword made with it will deal damage, but the wounds inflicted will vanish if the person notices the 'flaws' in it (death as well, the person will wake up with a jolt in a few seconds.)

A bridge will support weight and permit people to cross, until enough of the flaws are noticed that people suddenly realize it isn't there (and anything remaining on it will fall.)

Wings so created will permit someone to fly, gills to breathe underwater, so on.

Something changed and left alone, out of sight of anything with a mind, will (unless special circumstances intervene, like being in a faerie land) vanish shortly.

Also, any application of the same ability to remove the changes will work effortlessly.

...so... I think it's a Major Transform, but I have no idea what limitations it should have. Or if Transform is even the right path to take.

Re: Special Illusions

Personally, I would say that the simplest way to do this would be to build all the above effects as standard Powers (e.g. HKA for a sword, Flight for wings, and so on), and then apply a Custom Limitation for these Powers to fail when "enough" people "notice" the flaws. You'll then just have to define the mechanism by which this occurs, probably via a Perception roll, or perhaps an Ego roll if the illusions are mind-based, and maybe with a penalty to the roll; and the number of people needed to perceive the flaws. The value of the Limitation will depend on how many people are needed, and how large the penalty to Perception is, if any.

A Multipool perhaps? They all would be based on the same proficiency and would be affected simultaneously due to an Aid or Drain.

That, or a VPP.

They're definitely not mind-based, they have pseudo-substance of a sort (Fluff: Dream-stuff.)

Doo doo... I think setting a number of perception successes (that is, every point below someone's perception they get it by, cumulative) would do. And more powerful ones would have more flaws and be easier to spot...

Lessee...

20, and +1 to per rolls per 10 AP?

Maybe scale up the number required...

It wouldn't be by number of people, since one person would be able to dissolve one with sufficient time, and it shouldn't be immediate (they linger even as they're being poked at.)

I have a sidhe character that I'm playing and most of her glamour effects end at dawn

damge done is healed(death still stands)

powers do not work on hallowed grounds or in the presence of cold iron

you might just give it a random time limit on how long it lasts(continuing charges,no conscience control,uncontrolled,activates

See, now, I'm converting from something specific, and the illusions there are somewhat faerie-like (depending on where you get your faeries from, anyway.)

It works like this: They are capable of affecting the world around them, but with a limit.

A sword made with it will deal damage, but the wounds inflicted will vanish if the person notices the 'flaws' in it (death as well, the person will wake up with a jolt in a few seconds.)

A bridge will support weight and permit people to cross, until enough of the flaws are noticed that people suddenly realize it isn't there (and anything remaining on it will fall.)

Wings so created will permit someone to fly, gills to breathe underwater, so on.

Something changed and left alone, out of sight of anything with a mind, will (unless special circumstances intervene, like being in a faerie land) vanish shortly.

Also, any application of the same ability to remove the changes will work effortlessly.

...so... I think it's a Major Transform, but I have no idea what limitations it should have. Or if Transform is even the right path to take.

no the character was first created in the 7th sea game system

cold iron was a specially made weapons that could affect the Sidhe

some stories have it being the iron from a meteor that was never forged by mankind but could be shaped into crude weapons

but to forge it you could not heat it up so weapons made of it took a very long time to make

if I made it just regular iron I would have gotten a heck of a lot larger limitation for it

unless we are playing in a bronze age game which she is not

Grah, not another mention of cold iron. It's just normal iron, ah! ;D

That could do...