at 43 spetsnatz kolossus

penemue

Re: at 43 spetsnatz kolossus

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/at-43/products/?faction=62

The actual vehicle is a one person mech,.

From Rackham's site:

"The spetsnatz kolossus are legendary units. Each step taken by a spetsnatz kolossus reinforces the superiority of the Red Blok’s ideas. Each shot that does not fall a spetsnatz kolossus weakens the trust of the shackled masses have in the blinding tyrannies they live in. For those who refuse to open their eyes, a fire storm blown by the flamers will take care of passing on the revolutionary message.

This Unit Box contains a unit of three spetsnatz kolossus, including two standard spetsnatz kolossus and a spetsnatz kolossus leader, each equipped with two flamers. One of them can be promoted sergeant.

A spetsnatz kolossus can easily withstand machine gun fire and make its way through the densest artillery barrage. These steady giants are deployed as anti-personnel units. Scratching off the paint is the best light fire weapons can do to them."

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=804&ref=RBTA01&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=48

They are certainly very cool, even if the description makes no sense. They also look heavy, and slow, with massive weapons (front-arc only) and difficult to turn. Max Dex maybe 13, max speed 2 or 3. Heavy front armor, not so much in the back. Superjump as a jet pack.

They seem to move just fine (the cards I have have infantry moving at 14 and Kolossus moving at 10). I'm not sure of the scale, etc. as I don't have the actual game.

I was thinking that the Flamers could easily be depicted as some kind of blasters... I'm not looking to emulate the game, but describe the mechs in Hero Games terms.

I'll have to give it a go when I have some time this weekend. It'd be nice to see people's ideas. They really remind me of the mechs in Sakura Taisen.

http://www.sakurawarsdvd.com/gallery.php?file=/images/gallery/oav2/005.jpg

Oh, they don't have a jet pack and I think they are more tank-like.. the flame throwers are movable for a pretty good front arc actually. It's more like they are designed for the game to clear a path and withstand getting shot at as infantry run beside them and pick things off with RPGs.

The mechs are in this opening for Sakura Wars..

Game play ..

More game play with some nice cut animation.

I love the top hat robot.

I like that the mechs are being superheroic here.

Sort of like really chunky steampunk powered armour characters.