help with models for miniatures

hawkfu

Hi,

About a year ago one of my players got me in to using miniatures while gaming and now I'm hooked.

I was at a gaming store the other day and I saw a model of a dungeon - one that you could modify the different sections as needed - and I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Does anyone know of anything like that for a modern setting?

Thanks for any direction.

-Hawkfu

Yeah, I have to highly recommend microtactix for their paper models. Specifically, their "Twilight Street" sets are both excellent for most modern building needs. Definitely get the basic set. The price may seem a bit steep at $20 but I felt I got my money's worth as soon as I opened the PDF. There's several different building types, a bunch of different signs to glue on the buildings, plenty of street objects, nice inch-grid tiles for pavement, and all kinds of cool stuff. The expansion set is very nice as well, but keep in mind that it doesn't have the pavement and stuff.

I think hawkfu is thinking of something along the lines of Dwarven Forge's Master Maze. Which is real pretty and not cheap. I'll wait until I win the lottery. I lean towards an clear erasable battlemat. If I like I can put prints underneath the mat. I've pillaged thrift stores for used toys, ebay for sets like HeroQuest and such. One could do a lot with the print-outs as well.. There's all sorts of stuff available for free download via RPGNow's Free Stuff, and of course as pointed out some nice stuff for fee.